Talk

Advanced search

Please help accessorise this wedding outfit

(11 Posts)
macnab Mon 03-Aug-15 21:25:06

My Aunt is going to be mother of the groom next month. She has bought this [[ http://m.houseoffraser.co.uk/Planet+Ruched+Bolero+Jacket/218948060,default,pd.htmlthis]] bolero & jacket but has no idea what colour shoes/bag/hat/fascinator etc to wear with it.

Can you lovely stylish ladies (and gents) suggest something? She doesn't want coral or nude. Thankyou!

macnab Mon 03-Aug-15 21:25:43

Oh no sorry I will try the link again

[http://m.houseoffraser.co.uk/Planet+Ruched+Bolero+Jacket/218948060,default,pd.html here]

macnab Mon 03-Aug-15 21:26:47

Third time lucky?

m.houseoffraser.co.uk/Planet+Ruched+Bolero+Jacket/218948060,default,pd.html

SweetAndFullOfGrace Mon 03-Aug-15 21:28:55

Navy works really well with nude.

macnab Mon 03-Aug-15 21:29:01

After getting the link to work finally I realised I said she'd bought the bolero & jacket. I did of course mean she's bought the bolero and matching dress

I think she needs a pop of colour but not sure what! Would really appreciate some suggestions.

macnab Mon 03-Aug-15 21:30:12

Yes navy might be nice with it. It's not quite nude, more of a pale gold. But navy could work, I will say this to her. Thank you smile

MuttonCadet Mon 03-Aug-15 21:30:44

I agree with navy accessories, is she wearing a hat?

AlisonBlunderland Mon 03-Aug-15 21:33:19

Lovely dress, colour very hard to understand.
It looks pink but the link says dark purple.

The nude shoes in the advert look a bit dull.
A dark contrast would look better- black would be too harsh, what about navy?

I've bought silver grey suede shoes and bag for a wedding guest outfit, and am really pleased with them

dontcallmelen Mon 03-Aug-15 21:43:12

Yay to silver to I have a nude coloured dress & wear it with silver shoes & a silver clutch bag, looks really pretty.

dontcallmelen Mon 03-Aug-15 21:44:15

Sorry should read yy stupid autocorrect.

macnab Mon 03-Aug-15 21:55:53

Yes silver would be nice. I noticed darker coloured stones on the embellishment on the dress, I wonder would pewter work? I put in pewter as a search on Dune website and there were some fab shoes as well as clutch bag and even a lovely bracelet.

She'll be chuffed with the suggestions, thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now