Talk

Advanced search

Best hair styler for wavy / beachy look

(7 Posts)
MrsJK Mon 03-Aug-15 16:41:33

Any suggestions for the above? I was looking at the Babyliss Boutique Salon soft waves but having recently had my hair cut I'm unsure whether would be suitable for shoulder ish hair?

Looking for loose, unkept curls rather than tight curls smile TIA

Happy36 Mon 03-Aug-15 17:22:49

GHD straighteners, play with them (or ask a hairdresser to show you) and work out how to make waves - it is easy (similar to using the blade of scissors to curl ribbon). There are probably instruction videos on YouTube too.

whiteagle Mon 03-Aug-15 17:25:20

Go to bed with a sock bun or two in ( or donut). Google no heat curls- you twist it down the bun rather than wrap it round - works a treat!

GingerFoxInAT0phat Mon 03-Aug-15 21:19:07

I always wear my hair on beachy waves and just use a bog standard pair of tongs from asda, think they was £8.

But point the barrel downwards and wrap the hair round holding the ends (don't use the hair holder thingy)

Once cool run hands through and add a bait of sea salt spray and have lovely messy waves.

Oh I've also been loving the tresemme shampoo (can't remember the name but it says it's for creating waves) it keep my hair really light and not weighed down.

Chicinwellies Tue 04-Aug-15 08:27:27

My sacred routine lol, tested for many years, now as close as it's going to get to me being happy!
On damp hair use john freida sea salt spray then dry hair thoroughly. Curl hair with ghds, literally I've found no other product that will keep the curl in that long. Run fingers through curls once completely cooled and spray with bumble and bumble firm hairspray - good luck !

5446 Tue 04-Aug-15 14:18:32

Definitely GHDs.

Depending on how wavy you want it. For really beachy/mermaidy hair, I spray in salt spray and then divide my hair into four plaits. Blast with the hairdryer and then leave for an hour or so to dry.

I then press the straighteners over the plaits, almost like you are crimping it. Run the straighteners over the plaits a couple of times, then undo the plaits and run your fingers through it.

MrsJK Tue 04-Aug-15 16:12:54

Awesome thank you all smile

Lots on youtube so will have a good go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now