Another 'what colour nails' question

(11 Posts)
dogdaydisaster Mon 03-Aug-15 13:40:04

Hi all
Having sen the good advice given to another poster, I though MN couild maybe help me too. I have a wedding on Saturday and am wearing a jersey knee length dress which is mostly caramel coloured with a white, red and black pattern. I have red accessories.

I can't decide what to do with my toe and fingernails. I'm also off on holiday the week after so the pedi will need to do me for that too. Is red on both going to be too naff? Red toes and caramel hands? what do you think?

Earlybird Mon 03-Aug-15 14:54:00

Congratulations on your wedding.

I'd do red toes, and a very pale pink on hands (think the inside of a seashell) sort of colour

www.essie.co.uk/essie-looks.aspx

Earlybird Mon 03-Aug-15 14:54:54

The colour I mean is the one that says 'ballet slippers'.

Earlybird Mon 03-Aug-15 14:58:44

I guess the most important piece of information you've left out of your OP: what is your skin tone?

BTW, I wouldn't do caramel on nails.

dogdaydisaster Mon 03-Aug-15 16:44:19

It's not my wedding blush

I'm pale with dark hair, but have a bit of a tan from walking the dogs, and the St Tropez in shower thingy.

dogdaydisaster Mon 03-Aug-15 16:46:24

Thanks for the ideas. I have a v pale pink on my nails atm and it looks a bit odd but maybe a few coats would look more opaque and if it were done by someone with a bit of skill it might be better.

Bluecheese22 Mon 03-Aug-15 16:48:58

I'd go for grey. I have a fab one from miss sporty that was recommended on here, it's a lovely grey/lilac but quite neutral at the same time

polyhymnia Mon 03-Aug-15 16:49:03

I have the Essie Ballet Slippers one and recommend it. I think red on toed and hands would definitely be too much with red accessories. So would go for neutral fingers.

BlueMoonRoses Mon 03-Aug-15 16:51:03

Red on toes. French manicure on fingers. If that's not too old fashioned these days.

Earlybird Mon 03-Aug-15 16:56:27

Yes, french manicure could be good. But go for 'soft white' tips (not stark white), and get them to make white 'crescents' thin rather than thick/wide ones. Much more elegant that way.

dogdaydisaster Mon 03-Aug-15 16:56:37

Thanks. DD informs me I have muchi muchi on currently, and that she also has ballet slippers. So I'll take that with me in case they don't have it at the salon. Now just need to find the right red shade.
I'm glad I asked, thanks everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now