Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any recommendations for a decent face cream?

(14 Posts)
teaandcake2016 Mon 03-Aug-15 10:53:09

Hi everyone,

I would like to buy a decent face cream to use whilst pregnant - I was told my skin is a bit dehydrated, but apart from that is okay. I am in my late 20s, but was also recommended to use some anti-ageing products.

I would like to buy a fairly good cream, but don't want to break the bank! I would be happy to pay up to £50, if it's really worth it, and will be a big enough pot to last!

Thanks in advance smile

suestew123 Mon 03-Aug-15 14:28:37

Don't waste your money on expensive lotions. I am 47 and have swapped to Aldi face creams, they are really good quality and cheap. If your skin it a bit dehydrated just make sure you drink plenty of water as well.

pinkfrocks Mon 03-Aug-15 19:13:40

Olay is good- Total Effects and 3-point Regenerist- try Amazon for half price.

ifgrandmahadawilly Mon 03-Aug-15 19:15:18

Dr Haushka rose day cream is stunning. It smells gorgeous. I'm not sure about anti-ageing creams though.

pinkfrocks Mon 03-Aug-15 19:22:22

Like to know who told you to use anti-ageing in your late 20s shock - some silly assistant at the counter? There is no such thing as anti ageing- if there was, no one would look old.

Best thing you can do is use sun block every single day (spf 25+) and use a simple moisturiser, eat well, avoid sugar, booze, sun and ciggies.

Iatemyskinnyperson Mon 03-Aug-15 19:34:05

Caudalie do some lovely skincare that would come in around that price range.

FreeButtonBee Mon 03-Aug-15 19:47:03

If you're dehydrated, I recommend a hydrating serum and then a plain, simple moisturiser. It's ludicrously expensive for what it is but hylamide serum is excellent (I have repurchased it which rarely happens). 30 quid thiugh.

Aldi do a hyaluronic acid serum for £3 which is not bad ( I have for travel as I don't mind if it gets broken).

Then a plain simple moisturiser on top to lock in the moisture. I have Vichy aqualia but it's a bit smelly for me, maybe something more gel-like would be good.

fredabear Mon 03-Aug-15 19:49:46

Vichy aqualia (?) range is great for dehydrated skin

Branleuse Mon 03-Aug-15 19:54:01

ive gone back to using an aldi one that comes in a tube. q10 i think its called by lacura. Its bloody great and it costs about £2. Seriously

www.aldi.co.uk/en/product-range/health-beauty/lacura-skincare/skincare-range/skincare-product-detail-page/ps/p/q10-daily-face-cream/

Ahemily Mon 03-Aug-15 19:54:57

Dermalogica is great, but quite pricey.

enviousllama Mon 03-Aug-15 20:07:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Wolpertinger Mon 03-Aug-15 20:31:20

Face cream is generally overrated unless your skin is dry - and even then it doesn't need to be expensive. £50 would be way too much.

Cerave is great, hydrating and not too expensive - big drugstore brand in US, sadly only on Amazon here. Olay is fairly similar ingredients wise.

I love my Hylamide but in your 20s you really don't need the fancy peptides in it. For cheap as cheaps hydration you could just get the Aldi Lacura serum.

The most anti-ageing product you can use is a broad spectrum SPF of at least 30 everyday and don't smoke.

teaandcake2016 Mon 03-Aug-15 20:41:13

Thanks everyone - I'll definitely look into those smile

WingsClipped Mon 03-Aug-15 20:53:41

YY to a good serum and then basic moisturiser to lock in the good stuff in your serum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now