Talk

Advanced search

Cheaper version of this bikini

(19 Posts)
EarSlaps Sun 02-Aug-15 22:03:49

I need a new bikini and I suit triangle bikinis with a thick band around the back like this. It must also tie on the back as I have a small back. I don't want teeny weeny pants either.

I do love that suit but £35 seems a lot for a bikini (or am I just tight?). Does anyone know of any cheaper bikinis in this style? All the high street bikinis seem to be either teeny string bikinis, bandeaus or underwire bra substitutes.

MaryBerrysEyelashes Sun 02-Aug-15 22:07:36

you are tight

NoArmaniNoPunani Sun 02-Aug-15 22:08:36

Yeah I agree, you're tight.

MrsMummyPig Sun 02-Aug-15 22:11:26

Yeah, tight.
When I opened this thread I expected to see a £200 designer number.
I'm just jealous cos I've never had a bikini body

EarSlaps Sun 02-Aug-15 22:11:59

grin

Yes, I just hate paying a lot for clothes as everything I own tends to get trashed. I used to get more expensive clothes but I never found them to be much better quality or last longer. I do like my Animal bikini I already have but it's getting a bit worn and I wondered if there were any supermarket type brands like it.

TheMasterNotMargarita Sun 02-Aug-15 22:12:47

Try ASOS.
They often have lots on sale.
Tbh you get what you pay for so if you got a cheapy version it may not last and go that horrid baggy see-though way. If you like it I don't think £35 is unreasonable.

EarSlaps Sun 02-Aug-15 22:15:25

I suppose my other one has worn really well.

But after spending £90 in Boots on various medicines and sun creams shock (plus we're moving house soon) I'm trying to economise a bit.

TheMasterNotMargarita Sun 02-Aug-15 22:35:40

Example

Returns are fab, order from them all the time, never had a problem.

EarSlaps Sun 02-Aug-15 23:12:58

Thanks TheMaster. I keep meaning to look at Asos but too much choice on there!

I just looked at all the ones available in my size and the only one I liked more than the Animal one was a £59 just for the top Seafolly one!

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Sun 02-Aug-15 23:22:00

What size are you? Amazon has that bikini for as little as £15.99 in some sizes
www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00PRTCB9M/ref=twister_B00QKYL3TM

EarSlaps Mon 03-Aug-15 07:03:56

Thank you Pizzas. I'm size 10 so would save just over £3 on it. Or might be an 8.
Surfdome were amazing for delivery and returns so might just use them again (hopefully they pay their taxes grin).

ihatethecold Mon 03-Aug-15 07:19:27

allPizzas
I hold you responsible for me just buying a bikini because of your link!

ChishandFips33 Mon 03-Aug-15 09:04:00

Lovely bikini! I don't think you're tight - I don't like to pay that much for something I wear once a year and ends up covered in suncream and chlorine - saying that, it IS nice!

I got a Roxy bikini top, same style, different pattern in TkMaxx - it was about £4. I normally wear the stringy type but this was much more flattering

Skimp on branded food items and treat yourself?

ChishandFips33 Mon 03-Aug-15 09:21:55

Fyfo £32.99 free delivery - not much better really!

If your preference is the style and not the brand/pattern then Matalan have a black and white bikini in that style (and a couple of others)

MorrisZapp Mon 03-Aug-15 09:25:33

What! You're a size ten and suit triangle bikinis, and you're moaning about price?

Walk a mile in my g cups my friend. If I could walk into any high street shop and buy a bikini in a dress size (as opposed to cup/back size) I'd have swimwear for every day of the year.

You're a lucky duck really smile

ChishandFips33 Mon 03-Aug-15 09:30:08

Debenhams have a couple too

EarSlaps Mon 03-Aug-15 14:36:42

Well I splashed out and got it.

Might pop into matalan if I get a chance as I love that one Chish. It's got a clip back rather than tie so I'd rather try on first. Or a trip to TK Maxx, though dragging two small boys to either isn't great!

I know size 10 sounds great Morris but smaller ladies have their insecurities too smile. I have very tiny boobs that are really wide set. Regular triangle bikinis tend to expose them, bandeaus leave me with more boob above than in it and underwired ones just squeeze me strangely. I spent most of my adult life as a size 14 and the large triangle with big band have always worked best for me.

EarSlaps Mon 03-Aug-15 14:38:23

Plus the big triangles tend to stay in place whilst swimming and playing so no wardrobe malfunctions grin.

ImABigOleBadLass Mon 03-Aug-15 14:39:42

Sorry to say that it is worth investing in a good bikini - Seafolly ones are excellent. Mine has been on 3 summer holidays abroad and in the sea / heavily chlorinated pools loads (have a very small dd who is learning to swim weekly and we live by the seaside). It is still going strong. I've never had a bikini last more than 12 months under my usual punishment!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now