Talk

Advanced search

I need a fluffy angora style cardigan!

(7 Posts)
AhoyMcCoy Sun 02-Aug-15 18:45:12

Just like this one Kate Middleton wore for the evening of her wedding (pic hopefully attached!).

Preferably dusky pink. Like really, really pale pink. Have tried lots of shops and can't find anything remotely similar. Does it exist?! Can anyone help?!

AhoyMcCoy Mon 03-Aug-15 20:58:34

<hopeful bump>

RaisingSteam Mon 03-Aug-15 21:13:52

Monsoon are good for angora knitwear. Otherwise you could knit one (or get someone to?), example here

or sometimes you find odd things like this on ebay- not necessarily secondhand.

Angora is getting hard to find - welfare? but mohair has a similar fluffy look

RaisingSteam Mon 03-Aug-15 21:33:56

ah this

AhoyMcCoy Mon 03-Aug-15 22:32:25

I think with eBay it's likely to all be cheap imitation stuff from China etc - this is for a friend (Bride) to wear in the evening of her wedding, so happy to spend ££ and don't want it looking cheap. Knitting not an option - don't know anyone that talented grin but Thanks.

Didn't realise Angora was a "thing" - friend is very animal welfare conscious so I will try googling with Mohair instead! Thanks!

nooddsocksforme Mon 03-Aug-15 22:51:03

www.coast-stores.com/mab-cover-up/jackets,-coats-&-cover-ups/coast/fcp-product/1486105?locale=en pale pink but sorry not angora

LeoandBoosmum Mon 03-Aug-15 22:55:41

Yep, mohair is nice. Angora is very cruelly obtained. You can get some companies who source it ethically but it tends to be dearer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now