Talk

Advanced search

So in case anyone thought this would be a good idea... It's not.

(9 Posts)
Mamabird3 Sat 01-Aug-15 22:45:07

Do not bleach your hair when you've had a few glasses a bottle of wine. It does not turn out well. I now have white hair with orange tips. And I only have a really short pixie crop. So no hiding it or cutting it off. Currently sitting with an ash toner on the ends praying it looks better. Such a knob! blush

SurlyCue Sat 01-Aug-15 22:48:12

Yep. Been there!! Except mine was white roots with long orange lengths. And i hadnt even been drinking!

slug Sat 01-Aug-15 23:44:44

Can I add the advice 'Never go to sleep with henna in your hair'. The results are somewhat radioactive.

gaggiagirl Sat 01-Aug-15 23:52:17

I would like to add:
Never. Ever. Dye your eyelashes blue/black with a pound shop kit that was actually reduced due to faulty packing to 80p. It will only end up costing the NHS thousands to deflate your face..........apparently blush

MizK Sat 01-Aug-15 23:55:29

I think that the hairdressers of the world collaborated to sell home bleaching kits purely to highlight (HIGHLIGHT! I'm hilarious.) their skill in producing beautiful blonde tones. Home bleach seems engineered to produce mainly yellow, apricot and satsuma results.

I've suffered more than once. Toner should sort it though. Sympathies OP....

CordeliaFoxx Sun 02-Aug-15 00:23:39

Getting some purple shampoo will help with any tinge after using the toner.

scatterthenuns Sun 02-Aug-15 00:28:48

Bleach it again in the morning? Just the tips?

About 14/15 years ago I done the same,only without the drink,just lack of clock watching. Ended up with incredibly blonde roots, the mid lengths very ginger and the ends brown,my hair was waist length and I'm curly. I looked totally awesome, which was confirmed by the look on the face of a friends colleague in Tesco later that day. I reckon the red capris and purple top was the perfect finishing touch to my rainbow look, I had lots of stares.

I rocked ;) blush

I'll add I was only bleaching it to then dye it ginger. Being blonde was my worst nightmare!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now