Talk

Advanced search

If I look best in dark navy, what other colours will suit me?

(10 Posts)
EcclefechanTart Sat 01-Aug-15 14:25:02

I have no clue how to work out what "season" I am (and no money for a HoC consultation!). My hair is dark brown but goes lighter in the sun, my face is paleish but flushes very pink, my eyes are mid-brown. confused what I do know is: I look ace in very dark, deep blue. Not bad in black and other deep colours. Dreadful in cream, mauve, coral etc. I would love some more colour suggestions or "season" ideas as I'm bloody bored of dark blue now.

Thank you!

mummypig3 Sat 01-Aug-15 14:59:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EcclefechanTart Sat 01-Aug-15 15:07:50

Yes, white suits me too. Dull, innit?

Alicekeach Sat 01-Aug-15 15:17:19

I have similar colouring to you and look good in navy. I also suit red (it has to be true scarlet, not an orangey red), deep pink, rose pink, dark purple, teal, some pale blue shades. I look awful in beige, cream, brown, coral.

EcclefechanTart Sat 01-Aug-15 15:21:51

Ooh, thanks. I've never tried teal or rose pink but I will give them a go. Like you I look shocking in beige, cream and coral, but I think brown quite suits me - especially deep brown. confused What "season" are you, do you know?

Siolence Sat 01-Aug-15 15:27:32

Deep Winter sounds like bang on the money. I wear, black, white, true red, navy, China blue, brown/black. Not much else tbh. I look like death in beige and washed out pastels, though can wear icy pale pink.

EcclefechanTart Sat 01-Aug-15 15:39:48

Aha, deep winter - thank you! I thought winters were all about the pale skin, black hair and icy blue eyes ??? But your colours sound good to me so that is probably it.

Doobigetta Sat 01-Aug-15 16:03:18

Try deep, forest greens and all the burgundy-type shades. Maybe not together.

cathcustard Sat 01-Aug-15 16:08:11

Interesting, I suit exactly the same colours (navy, white, pale blue, black) and look awful in beige and sludgy colours but I'm olive skinned with blondish hair & blue eyes. Could I be a deep winter too?

Alicekeach Sat 01-Aug-15 17:19:52

I don't know which season I am, I've just worked out which colours suit me by trial and error. I still wear a lot of navy, especially for work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now