Talk

Advanced search

Fringe Question (With Pics)

(11 Posts)
ToFringeOrNotTooFringe Sat 01-Aug-15 13:27:10

I'm growing my hair having had the layers utterly butchered almost a year ago. I'm trying to get it back to how it was 2 years ago (obviously the pictures where it's longer). I'm also increasingly conscious of my forehead. I've had a fringe before, for most of my life, until around age 35. I wear reading glasses. I have thick hair but can manage it okay and wash it most days so maintenance of a fringe not particularly bothersome. I only ever use one product, sparingly, so not too worried about greasiness/spots.

Shall I, or will I regret it?!

WaggleBee Sat 01-Aug-15 14:03:22

You'd look amazing with a fringe. You've the perfect hair for it.

Does your hair grow fast? If so then it'd take about 3 months for a fringe to grow out to long side layers. So if you hated it that's how long you'd have before it was no more.

I say go for it. I do like a fringe.

WaggleBee Sat 01-Aug-15 14:09:16

Also, you can wash a fringe by itself without doing all your hair. Tie hair back, shampoo and rinse your fringe under the tap, now dry whilst brushing it side to side really fast. Ta-da.

hashtagwhatever Sat 01-Aug-15 14:11:52

Go for it. How about a side fringe for starters?

ToFringeOrNotTooFringe Sat 01-Aug-15 17:53:07

Thank you. When you say the perfect hair for it what do you mean? Also, will it look okay with the longer style, and will it suit my face shape?

GemmeFatale Sat 01-Aug-15 18:49:57

Go for it. My hair is long (bit below the bra strap when it's wavy (so 90% of the time), waist length if I straighten it. I've got a fringe and it looks fine.

Roussette Sat 01-Aug-15 19:09:39

My grown up DD has similar colour hair and looks similar to you (beautiful!) and she has a fringe and she gets compliments on it all the time!

The only thing is, she is forever popping into hairdressers to get it trimmed she won't cut it herself as she is still traumatised from me cutting it when she had one and was little. It didn't go right (understatement)

LikeSilver Sat 01-Aug-15 19:12:39

Yes agree a fringe would look fabulous on you. Go for it!

daftyburd Sat 01-Aug-15 19:45:16

Yes to the fringe. My only regret since getting mine is that I didn't do it years ago. Plus my hairdresser trims it for free.

Milllii Sat 01-Aug-15 20:45:32

I put my finger over your forehead to see what your face would look like with a fringe. My verdict is that you would look really good with one.

ToFringeOrNotTooFringe Sat 01-Aug-15 22:07:29

Thanks everyone. My hairdresser would also trim it for free, and going in every 3 to 4 weeks is no real hardship for me...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now