Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Purple toned hair?!

(7 Posts)
AssistanceRequired Sat 01-Aug-15 13:23:38

Please bear with me...I recently had my hair purple for fancy dress purposes and it really suited me.

Considering I'm mid late thirties and not the type to be able to pull off full on purple hair I'm wondering if there's a way of picking up this sort of tone in hair colour at home. I don't suit very dark shades so I'm not really thinking brown berry tones - more like a more subtle mauvey mushroomy shade.

Maybe I'm asking the impossible. Anyone have any thoughts? Would it look barmy due to my age even if it was possible? Thanks!

DrHarleenFrancesQuinzel Sat 01-Aug-15 13:41:34

I dont know, but Im a 36YO who fancies going purple too. Not bright purple, but again some sort of purpley tone.

squizita Sat 01-Aug-15 13:59:32

Sometimes using semi permanent manic panic type dyes over natural hair gives a "sheen".

AssistanceRequired Sat 01-Aug-15 17:14:22

I'm a bit of a wimp to experiment! Can you buy those sorts of things in Superdrug etc? Am I having an early mid life crisis??

Lovewearingjeans Sat 01-Aug-15 18:44:01

What colour is your hair before purple? I have peroxide hair, and have put lilac and silver over it to create a more mauvy tone. Pastel colours are popular, so hairdressers should be able to offer this as a colour. Just turned 40 here tw. My hair changes every year or two anyway, so I like experimenting.

cuddybridge Sat 01-Aug-15 22:52:27

I have a purple toner put through my hair by the hairdresser, it washes out in about six weeks. It colours the greys more purple than my dark brown hair but has a nice colour to it overall.
It costs about fifteen pounds.

chezbot Sun 02-Aug-15 21:33:22

What @squizita said, but can particularly recommend Bleach London' s Bruised Violet for this.(£4 in Boots at mo)
I'm 36 too and have electric blue hair btw

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now