Advanced search

I bet no one has as much cellulite as me :-(

(12 Posts)
ChunkyAndAshamed Sat 01-Aug-15 08:24:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ChunkyAndAshamed Sat 01-Aug-15 09:46:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheSpottedZebra Sat 01-Aug-15 09:52:13

Well, not necessarily... grin But I'm not about to post any pictures as 'proof'.

I used to be super-sporty, as in represented the country. I was very very slim and toned. And I still had cellulite. Now I do MUCH less sport, have put on weight and I have a ton of cellulite. When I've lost weight, been super skinny (think I'll levels of skinny), I still had cellulite. Honest, some people just have cellulite. It's fine.

I know it's easy to say, but try not to focus on it. Wear a wrap in the sea if it makes you feel more comfortable, but change your MN name as it's horrid and not helpful.

herbaceous Sat 01-Aug-15 09:57:15

I have cellulite from my waist to my feet. It's genetic - my mum and sis have it too. I'm 5'8 and 11st 5, but had it even when I was 9st.

Long skirts, loose trousers and knee-length shorts are my friends. As is, however, not really giving a stuff, which is increasingly the case as I get older. If anyone judges me for the amount of external wobble I have, more fool them!

SignoraStronza Sat 01-Aug-15 10:03:37

Sounds like you have Lipoedema/lipoedema or a mixture of lymphoedema and lipoedema.

Not a lot can be done about it I'm afraid. I'm currently on a very low calorie diet so that I will become emaciated on top half and can finally start discussing options with my lovely gp. There are two or three surgeons in the UK who can do a specific form of liposuction but the road to referral is long and complicated.

Other than that, Manual Lymphatic Drainage massage (MLD) by a properly trained Vodder schule therapist can help the appearance.

MamaLazarou Sat 01-Aug-15 10:23:48

What's wrong with cellulite? It's nothing to be ashamed of. No-one!s eyes are going to bleed at the sight of it.

Marmaladybird Sat 01-Aug-15 12:39:32

Mine has improved with losing weight, better eating habits and exercise (lifting, not cardio).

My diet as a child and teenager (and twenty-something) was pretty bad - sweets, crisps, processed food, not a lot of exercise. I've kind of accepted the fact that it probably stems from then and the damage is done, there's nothing at all I can do about it now and just try and eat better, live better and (try) not to give it too much thought.

Body brushing and moisturising helps a lot. I bought a logs scrubbing thing in TK Maxx (looks like a long car wash roller) that makes the brushing process less tedious. It was around £6, and Aveeno is the best body lotion I've ever tried.

Marmaladybird Sat 01-Aug-15 12:40:06

*long not logs

Sarahjohns23 Sat 01-Aug-15 21:52:06

I know how you feel about Cellulite! I tried all manners of cures and creams and nothing was effective, it made my skin look unnatural, or even worse, it worked but then stopped working whenever I stopped using a program. I gave up on all that unnatural crap now, it’s better to use natural methods to get rid of cellulite. I follow this guide: codechest.net/critical-methods-to-get-rid-of-cellulite/ and I’ve seen a serious reduction in my cellulite, and it gets even better every day. Natural methods once again are proven to be superior. I’m not even that selfconscious about the little cellulite I still have.

TheHappinessTrap Sat 01-Aug-15 22:21:51

Op, do change your name! Most people have something about themselves, several things, they dislike about themselves. Don't let it get to the level of self hate. Fix what you can, if you want, find ways of accepting what's left.

MsBojangles Sat 01-Aug-15 22:33:59

LOL, that guide is a man selling a 'special' anti cellulite exercise routine. I'll pass on that, thanks.

ouryve Sat 01-Aug-15 22:36:03

It's not really a competition. Can't see my cellulite for stretchmarks, tbh. Have crap connective tissue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now