Talk

Advanced search

non make up wearer needs new make up!

(5 Posts)
AndWhat Sat 01-Aug-15 07:24:49

I very very rarely wear make up (only about 5/6 times a year)and realised recently that I have had some make up for over 3 years!

It is mostly clinique stuff which cost a fortune and I know I need new stuff but don't want to waste money on stuff I don't wear.

I'm fair skinned with dark blond hair looking to get cheapish and easily available make up. Where do I start? Can the make up be from different brands or am I better buying them all the same?
TIA

midnightvelvetPart2 Sat 01-Aug-15 07:29:43

Superdrug is very cheap for make up and Boots is good.
You can mix and match makeup from any brand you like but in the end you may find you prefer a certain brand. When you start out though get whatever you like.
Have you any idea what you want? I'd start off with a bb cream, neutral eyeshadow, black mascara and a tinted lip balm. Maybe a blusher but go lightly with it at first smile

AndWhat Sat 01-Aug-15 09:00:35

I currently use foundation, powder, bronzer, eyeshadow, mascara and lipstick (quite old fashioned I know but don't know any better and wear it so little that I've never thought much about it!)

midnightvelvetPart2 Sat 01-Aug-15 10:34:09

Ah apologies, I thought you were new to it grin

So what price range are you looking at? Boots do the mass market teen/adult stuff like Bourgeois or Maybelline, Rimmel etc then they have Premium beauty which is Clinique, Benefit, Dior etc. If you go online then you have Mac, Urban Decay (also in Debenham) and the beauty sites like Feel Unique and Beauty Bay.

Do you want examples of what we use or brands we like? I've pale cool toned skin, brown hair and hazel eyes, I could tell you what I use? Do you know if you're warm or cool toned?

SuperFlyHigh Sat 01-Aug-15 10:43:32

before you throw away stuff OP remember that on the whole powders, eyeshadows etc are fine for a few years so don't throw away. maybe run a knife or something over them to get rid of top layer and clean the compact they're in.

You certainly don't need all the same brands.

work out what you want and need - eyeshadow palette UD Naked is great value as so many neutrals.

if you want to play around with e.g. lipgloss I'd maybe try Boots/Superdrug brands.

what do you want to do re mascara? lengthen? Full? you can get 2-in-1 foundation powder these days.

YSL do a great lip stain that stays on all day so better than most lipsticks and glosses.

I would personally do as midnight says and nip along to e.g. Boots and a department store and just try stuff out. don't buy. just try. you may find you prefer cream blusher to powder blusher (like I do).

Bobbi Brown is great as they're very much a try before you buy and no pressure!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now