Talk

Advanced search

Please talk to me about eye crayons

(14 Posts)
MrsPnut Fri 31-Jul-15 21:43:45

I usually wear very little make up and even less when we go on holiday due to the heat but I would like to try.

I was thinking about trying an eye crayon and a slick of mascara but not sure of which brands to try.

Does anyone have any recommendations or tips for holiday make up.

Thanks

Dukketeater Fri 31-Jul-15 21:52:25

I'm not a fan, would rather a good eyeprimer and a nude but a bit sparkly eyeshadow for simplicity

Amethyst24 Sat 01-Aug-15 10:37:25

The Charlotte Tilbury ones are lovely.

Drquin Sat 01-Aug-15 10:38:43

I have several Sephora ones, love them. You can be as neat or smudgy as you like!

MrsPnut Sat 01-Aug-15 10:51:32

Thanks, I might have a look around the web later. it's a shame there isn't a Sephora in the UK anymore.

jasmine1979 Sat 01-Aug-15 16:30:25

If you don't mind spending a lot (about £28) then the ones by ByTerry called ombre blackstar can't be beaten in my opinion. They are amazing, don't need a primer and stay put all day. Misty Rock is a lovely colour that seems to suit everyone.
I also really rate the ones by Laura mercier, and find that you can really choose the depth of colour you want from sheer to intense quite easily.
Becca eye tint is also excellent and stays put all day.
I've tried quite a few of the cheaper brands, and they've never been quite up to scratch sadly. I have heard good things about the Kiko brand eye sticks though that I think are around £5. smile

DidgeDoolittle Sat 01-Aug-15 16:34:12

I like the Clinique chubby sticks. My favourite is Mighty Moss.

GrimDamnFanjo Sat 01-Aug-15 19:19:45

I have Sephora ones for holiday also one by Chanel which I love.

MrsPnut Sat 01-Aug-15 19:28:33

I bought a Lancome one today in a sort of taupe colour and then went into boots next door and bought a second one from collection 2000 in a pale pinky fawn colour. I wasn't sure about the second one but for £3.19 i don't really care. DD1 can have it if I don't like it.

I still have the test lines on my hand and the lancome teal one is still really vibrant despite me washing my hands 2 dozen times since applying it. I might go back and get that one too.
I must say they are all still on the back of my hand but that one really stands out because the others I tried were all neutral shades.

daimbardiva Sat 01-Aug-15 19:28:33

I have several no 7 ones and like then

ihatethecold Sat 01-Aug-15 19:36:24

I have a shimmery Kiko eye crayon that is great.
It was about £4 in the sale and lasts all day but is still sheer.

Waywarddaughter Sat 01-Aug-15 21:07:58

My friend has several of the Clinique chubby sticks and they always look amazing on

auldspinster Sun 02-Aug-15 19:56:12

Gosh crayons from Superdrug are really good.

wildflowersummermeadow Sun 02-Aug-15 19:59:32

I second the ByTerry recommendation - I wear Ombre Blackstar in MistyRock daily.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now