Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

wet summer days out -fashion woes

(3 Posts)
Autumn2014 Fri 31-Jul-15 19:50:29

I'm packing for a few days away with family next week . We were planning typical days out: sea side, zoo, parks and play grounds. My lovely summer clothes aren't going to be suitable for heavy rain showers. My only waterproof footwear is black winter boots and a pair of walking shoes that look and feel heavy. I'd planned to pack a capsule wardrobe of tshirts, ankle grazing chinos, summer skirts, canvas pumps, and sandals. Now I'm going to have get my jeans back out and my winter boots. Gah! British weather!

burnishedsilver Fri 31-Jul-15 20:13:54

Try leather converse. They sort of bridge the gap between summer and winter clothes. You can wear them with your summer clothes or with jeans.

Iforgottotellyou Fri 31-Jul-15 21:56:59

I'd just get a decent ish pair of trainers and a warm jacket /hoody to layer up your existing wardrobe, as after the rain it's still warm when the sun comes out in the flipping evening after you've finished the day trip so winter boots might be a bit drastic! I feel the cold but I haven't needed to put jeans back on yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now