Talk

Advanced search

Help Me find a nice hat to protect from sun

(12 Posts)
MillyMollyMandy78 Fri 31-Jul-15 19:48:18

i need a hat for day to day use eg dog walking/ round town etc for warmer weather that does not look like i should be on a beach somewhere. I have some great winter hats and a few beach holiday hats but i want something that will keep the sun off but not look out of place walking to the village shop or on country walks, but also stylish enough to wear round town etc. i am late 30s so don't want anything too dowdy. I tend to wear jeans/ summer dresses a lot. I have a woolly bakers boy hat i wear in the winter that looks ok, so maybe something similar in a more suitable material, although i am open to ideas!

MillyMollyMandy78 Sun 02-Aug-15 00:38:15

Bump... Anyone?

squoosh Sun 02-Aug-15 01:40:45

I've always been partial to a nice Panama hat.

coffeenut Sun 02-Aug-15 04:44:11

I saw a lot of straw trilby-style hats around last summer (not in the UK) - they looked good on everyone else although I could never find one to suit me! like this

MillyMollyMandy78 Sun 02-Aug-15 19:06:21

I LikE that panama hat - that would definitely work! I have one similar to that straw hat that i wear to do the gardening etc but i worry that a straw hat will look weird out n about unless i am at the beach (maybe i am overthinking it)

Happy36 Sun 02-Aug-15 19:26:13

I wear straw hats, usually from Accessorize. If you buy them at the airport, the price is reduced. I wear them any day that´s sunny, with wider brims at the height of summer. I´m allergic to many suncreams (and lazy about re-applying them) so wearing a hat works well for me. (I do use facial suncreams as well).

Laska42 Sun 02-Aug-15 19:29:50

Ive got a hemp Tilley hat www.girlstravelclub.co.uk/tilley-hemp-th8-ladies-travel-hat everyone always comments on how nice it is .. (it also keeps off the rain)

madmother1 Sun 02-Aug-15 19:31:38

I'm saving up for a Tilley hat. My friend has had hers for years.

Laska42 Sun 02-Aug-15 20:53:08

madmother I put every £2 coin I got in change into a piggy bank for my Tilley ! took me four months to save up enough!! (painless also)

Laska42 Sun 02-Aug-15 20:58:37

.. am saving my £2s for either a Fossil handbag or a pair of Ancient Greek sandals now..

GrimDamnFanjo Sun 02-Aug-15 21:00:38

I have a Tilley hat too - first time I wore it in a downpour it was amazing!

MillyMollyMandy78 Mon 03-Aug-15 09:42:36

LoVe that Tilley hat! Will definately order one of those! Thanks everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now