Talk

Advanced search

Is it really necessary to use a hair conditioning treatment after every wash

(6 Posts)
pussinboots61 Fri 31-Jul-15 18:49:21

My hairdresser says I need to do this because my hair is baby fine and coloured and had been previously damaged by bleach. I've been using the treatment for a few years now after every wash and my hair condition has improved I have to say but at the same time my hair is starting to feel weighed down. I've recently got a sample of Lush American Cream conditioner and it makes my hair feel light and bouncy. I'm tempted to buy a bottle but am I aswell sticking to my hairdressers recommendation?

Coastingit Fri 31-Jul-15 19:15:55

Do you mean conditioner in general? I think yes, but maybe only on the ends of your hair. Avoid the roots if you feel it's making your hair feel weighed down or greasy. And swapping brands can help detox hair - I usually have about 3 different brands on the go I switch between.

pussinboots61 Fri 31-Jul-15 19:22:10

I mean a treatment conditioner, the ones you usually use about once a week.

tippytap Fri 31-Jul-15 19:24:11

Hmmm.

Maybe lay off of it for a while and see how you go?

I use American Cream and love it. Try it with the Fairly Traded Honey Shampoo, my hair looks so much better

Getuhda348 Fri 31-Jul-15 21:17:26

I have exactly the same hair as you! I condition my hair all over and then shampoo it. Hair feels loads better since.

Getuhda348 Fri 31-Jul-15 22:34:42

Oh and have stopped having to use treatment conditioner. Using toni and guy shampoo and it's changed my hair drastically for the better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now