Talk

Advanced search

Is this dress too bridal for a wedding guest??

(70 Posts)
GingerFoxInAT0phat Thu 30-Jul-15 22:35:00

Hi, I'm going to a verrrrrry fancy wedding next month. I've only been to 2 weddings that were far more casual than this one so don't have a lot of wedding experience.

I've seen this dress and all my friends (who are going) have said its lovely etc.

Then I showed my sister who said she'd kick me out if I turned up to her wedding in it shockgrin

So..... I'd like some impartial views please, incase me friends are setting me up for a roasting!

GingerFoxInAT0phat Thu 30-Jul-15 22:36:31

Goddamn, incase MY friends that should be, and apologise for any other grammer/spelling mistakes. Tis late grin

Passmethecrisps Thu 30-Jul-15 22:36:45

I am no s&b icon but yep, bride wannabe.

Amazing frock though. Buy it and keep it to swish around the house in

SkatesMcgee Thu 30-Jul-15 22:37:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FunkyPeacock Thu 30-Jul-15 22:38:16

I would not personally wear that dress to a wedding

In another colour it would be fine

Lucked Thu 30-Jul-15 22:38:39

Yes too bridal for a guest imo. It doesn't strike me as a wedding guest outfit, is the wedding in the UK?

PurpleDaisies Thu 30-Jul-15 22:38:42

It is absolutely beautiful but I wouldn't wear it to a wedding. Sorry!

Buttercup27 Thu 30-Jul-15 22:38:58

Gorgeous dress but not appropriate for a wedding. My general rules are stay away from anything white or cream and possibly lacey (but that depends on colour)

Bluebell29 Thu 30-Jul-15 22:39:41

I'd steer clear of this dress I'm afraid! Check out Asos, they have a section with dresses for weddings and occasion dresses. You can definitely find a fabulous dress that doesn't look like you're a second bride!

ChaircatMiaow Thu 30-Jul-15 22:40:25

Beautiful dress, but good lord NOT appropriate for wedding, sorry.

WonkyPonky Thu 30-Jul-15 22:40:27

Definitely too bridal I think. Soz!

Mulligrubs Thu 30-Jul-15 22:41:38

Lovely dress but too bridal! Don't wear it!

GingerFoxInAT0phat Thu 30-Jul-15 22:42:51

Aw man, but it's so pretty!!

I saw it a while ago on Asos funnily enough bluebell but it was sold out, then just seen it on eBay and started to hope...

I have a couple of other back up choices that are a bit more costly.

Strangely enough if it was my wedding I'd wear something a lot more simple but in drawn to this like a moth to a lightbulb.

AllThatGlistens Thu 30-Jul-15 22:43:09

It's lovely, but definitely has too much of a bridal air about it, sorry OP.

GingerFoxInAT0phat Thu 30-Jul-15 22:43:27

Back up?

defineme Thu 30-Jul-15 22:43:38

Your friends are clueless. Total bride wannabe dress - actually very similar to my wedding dress!

DoTheDuckFace Thu 30-Jul-15 22:44:25

Gorgeous but definitely not appropriate for the wedding. Imagine if the bride went for understated elegance or classic sophistication and wore something very similar.

DoTheDuckFace Thu 30-Jul-15 22:46:02

Back up is also nice and much better than the first option. Seems a bit bridemaidy to be though sorry. What is her colour scheme?

GingerFoxInAT0phat Thu 30-Jul-15 22:48:36

Hmm I wonder if all my friends will be outcasts too, they are making the races outfits seem casual.

I know the bride quite well and the whole wedding is out and out glamour, very blingy etc.

The back up is bridemaidsy? Eek! It's a crop top and skirt if that makes a difference.

circlesea Thu 30-Jul-15 22:48:44

Way too bridal! And if I were you I'd be seriously wondering if my friends were really my friends or if they were s**t stirrers trying to get the bride looking daggers at you for their own entertainment.

GingerFoxInAT0phat Thu 30-Jul-15 22:51:38

Think I must be totally getting the idea wrong, my usual style is very boho, laid back so I didn't want to look like a tramp so have probably gone 360 in the wrong direction.

SweetSorrow Thu 30-Jul-15 22:53:02

I LOVE the backup outfit, not at all bridesmaid-y. Coast have something quite similar I saw it in the shop last week

GingerFoxInAT0phat Thu 30-Jul-15 22:56:05

The back up outfit is a top and skirt from Coast. The top is sold out online though, bloody wedding season grin

Keeptrudging Thu 30-Jul-15 22:56:35

The back-up is lovely, don't think it's bridesmaidy either. The dress - absolutely not!! grin

GingerFoxInAT0phat Thu 30-Jul-15 23:02:10

It's pretty though isn't it, might have to do a Monica and get it to do housework in grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now