Talk

Advanced search

Which Make-Up?

(8 Posts)
Pupsiecola Thu 30-Jul-15 17:29:35

I want to buy some eye shadows, a pencil and maybe a highlighter. I have sensitive skin and a reasonable budget. I like to go as natural as possible re ingredients. I was watching videos about make up for hooded eyes and want some matt eye shadows. My foundation is Bare Minerals which I quite like. I have used Clinique before, and MAC. Where's good for these products please?

Pupsiecola Thu 30-Jul-15 18:01:29

Anyone? Am off to the shops soon :-)

Getuhda348 Thu 30-Jul-15 18:34:55

Eyeshadow I would recommend the urban decay naked pallet I have number 1 us used them as I also have hooded eyes. No 7 pencil (recommended by others to me on here) I like high beam by benefit for a highlighter. It's pricey but pasts for ages but get sunbeam if you have darker skin. You can get cheaper alternatives but I always find most makeup is worth investing in barring mascara, concealer and blusher. Hope this helps and happy shopping smile

Getuhda348 Thu 30-Jul-15 18:37:09

Oh and if your looking for natural makeup maybe try lush? Not sure what the makeup is like though might be worth looking on you tube for reviews.

Dukketeater Thu 30-Jul-15 19:22:16

With no tight budget I would second the opinion of the Urban Decay Naked Palette, if you want to go for something cheaper then Makeup Revolution do a highly pigmented dupe for it.

As much as high beam is lovely, powder highlighter will go better with your powder foundation, MAC do some lovely baked highlighters, I would suggest one of those although I do really like my one by Sleek as well.

For eyeliner Rimmel so a gel liner in a pot that is the nuts, you can use it on your lash line like a liquid liner and in your water line like you would a kohl and it will NOT budge (I even wore it to a funeral). I much prefer it over any others I have ever tried (except my old Benefit liquid liner that they discontinued!)

GingerFoxInAT0phat Thu 30-Jul-15 19:55:49

I have a nude tone matte eyeshadow palette from make up revolution. You can get it from superdrug for about £5 - can't remember exactly. They are lovely, really blendable and pigmented. I also have a couple of their single eyeshadows in metallic golds/coppers for a £1 and these are some of my favourite eyeshadows I have ever bought.

I usually buy any eye pencils, not too fussy.

For highlighters Becca does lovely ones, you only need a tiny amount.

Lj8893 Thu 30-Jul-15 20:07:26

Really cheap, think it was £3, is the MUA powder highlighter. I have it and it's lovely! I think they have a couple of shades but I have the pinky toned one, I'm going to go and get the other gold toned shade though!

Pupsiecola Thu 30-Jul-15 21:26:10

Thanks everyone. I have bought a couple of items from Bobbi Brown but have made a note of all the recommendations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now