Talk

Advanced search

I need your ultimate warm cardi/wrap suggestions!

(11 Posts)
workadurka Wed 29-Jul-15 19:56:41

Despite it being summer I'm bloody freezing most days and want to buy an awesome snuggly Cardigan type thing. Anyone got any suggestions?

I want it to be:
Longer length
Natural fibres - ideally cashmere blend
Not too easily bobbled
Machine washable
Warm and snuggly
A colour other than black
Under £100

Moon on a stick or is this achievable?

amarmai Wed 29-Jul-15 21:26:10

wow specific cardigan styles are hard to find. M&S used to have ok ones.Someone more knowledgeable will soon be along after i post this weak contribution!

carrie74 Wed 29-Jul-15 21:51:44

DKNY Cozy? I've got two that I bought in it lets in U.S. So they were very reasonable. Ticks all your boxes, plus they're very versatile. You could probably pick one up reasonably on eBay.

carrie74 Wed 29-Jul-15 21:52:14

Outlets, not in it lets grin

amarmai Wed 29-Jul-15 22:06:16

just checked cardigans on pinterest and saw an H&M long mohair blend burgundy one that looked good-also front pockets.

faustina Thu 30-Jul-15 07:19:58

could you stretch the budget a bit? Brora have some slouchy cashmere cardigans in their clearance sale. I haven't taken mine off for some days now and I think it ticks most of your boxes. Don't pay any attention to the hand wash thing - you can do it in the machine on a delicate wash

TheSpottedZebra Thu 30-Jul-15 12:07:39

Have you looked at Woolovers? Some horrors actually lots, but some gems on there too. You'd need to see past the dreadful nanna styling. All natural fibres, and what I've had, has washed and worn really well. And 20% off I think today.

GingerFoxInAT0phat Thu 30-Jul-15 18:02:34

www.freepeople.com/uk/shop/coco-cocoon-cardi/?c=Knitwear

Im going to be ordering this soon, it looks so snuggly. Can't seem to see what material it is made from though.

Oly4 Thu 30-Jul-15 18:19:24

White Company have a lovely range of wool ones in in silver grey/cream etc. Love their knitwear

workadurka Fri 31-Jul-15 07:42:29

Thanks for all the suggestions. I don't really want to spend more than £100 - certainly not significantly so - as I have a toddler who loves smearing dirty hands/snot/soil on me and I've had a few nice items permanently stained as a result!

So Brora and the Cozy seems out of my budget.

The free people site has some lovely knit stuff in, shame they don't say what that's made of but its the sort of thing I'm after.

Woolovers - I do struggle to get past the styling! Maybe I can order and return.

White Company looks nice, there's one in town so I'll pop in there later.

Although now I think I might just have to do with what I've got until September when the AW ranges are in stock....

Loiterer Fri 31-Jul-15 09:28:01

Hush usually have some great knitwear or I second white company.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now