Talk

Advanced search

Lush shampoo bars

(12 Posts)
pussinboots61 Tue 28-Jul-15 23:00:34

Does anyone use these? A sales assistant in Lush the other day told me they are really good for your scalp and economical to use. I don't care for bars of soap on the sink side so I'm not sure how I'd get on with a shampoo bar.

MissBattleaxe Tue 28-Jul-15 23:07:19

They smell amazing and last for ages. Lush sells little tins to go with them.

chippednailvarnish Tue 28-Jul-15 23:10:24

I'm big fan of their one made for people with Psoriasis, stinks when you use it but the smell disappears when you dry your hair.

DownWithThisTypeOfThing Tue 28-Jul-15 23:11:56

Yes they're fab. You will need to store it in something though.

RJnomore Tue 28-Jul-15 23:23:28

Just getting to the end of my first one, the lemony one,and I like it and would buy again.

ImCatbug Tue 28-Jul-15 23:23:47

I love them, and one will last for months so they save so much money. The tins are great, make sure you dry it off before putting it in the tin though or they go a bit soft.

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Tue 28-Jul-15 23:28:52

I use Godiva, it is a combined shampoo/conditioner and it leaves my hair at least as nice as most separate ones I've tried (very shiny), saves time AND smells divine.

Top tip - empty Steamcream moisturiser tins fit Lush shampoo bars better than their own tins (I find the Lush tins are often a bit small for new shampoo bars and bits get crumbled off the edges), they look nicer AND are much easier to open with wet hands as they unscrew. If I use the Lush tins I always have to remember to open them before I start showering, or leave them slightly open.

Don't let it get too wet though, DH saturated one of mine on holiday and it all dissolved! So no leaving them on the floor of the shower.

RustyBear Tue 28-Jul-15 23:28:58

I use the Karma one, it smells gorgeous. You can get little metal tins to keep them in and it lasts for ages - unless you forget to put it away and someone else has a shower.
They used to do a 'Hard' and 'Soft' solid bar for hard or soft water - I live in a very hard water area and used the Hard bar about every three or four washes and the Karma the rest of the time. They discontinued Hard several years ago and I bought up a stock of them - I still have one left which I use every so often - I'll really miss it when it's finished.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 28-Jul-15 23:33:31

I bought one and I flipping hated it.

It is very very easy to over apply. Don't rub it onto your hair, rub in your hands to lather then apply that. You can always add more if you want.

I bought the tin. Impossible to get it out when it solidifies .

I do like alot of Lush but not the bars sad

iwantgin Wed 29-Jul-15 08:10:46

I have a couple. they last for a long time.

Also like the solid conditioner. Jungle ? smells like the Karma fragrance.

Odd texture, and you have to get used to how to use them, but better than lots of big bottles in the bathroom.

Itscurtainsforyou Wed 29-Jul-15 08:13:13

I wanted to like them, but really didn't.
Couldn't get the residue out of my hair. Horrible

Turquoiseblue Wed 29-Jul-15 08:25:15

Haven't tried them, but tried the body butter moisturiser bar this week. It s fab really lovely and skin felt lovely and soft afterwards - but it melted really quickly and I d guess it would only last a few uses.
Might try the shampoo bars smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now