Talk

Advanced search

Shoes for DS's Wedding

(10 Posts)
polyhymnia Tue 28-Jul-15 17:59:10

I've recently been on here stressing about bags for my DS's wedding, which is soon. Now it's shoes.

Problem is, I'm a high heel hater and never wear them if I can possibly avoid it. But this seemed like one of these occasions I should make an effort, at least for the service and photos. Already have some silver ballet flats for the evening.

Thought I'd get some sensible navy 'mid' heels from R and B but, having just had my delicate and floaty sapphire/azure blue silk chiffon dress fitted, I think they are way too clumpy.

Rushed to LKB, to try their 'kitten heels', but even those were agonising - particularly as I have a random painful bump on one foot that doesn't like to be squashed.

While there, tried and fell for these:
www.lkbennett.com/Shoes/Flats/Jojo-Suede-Flat/p/SFJOJOSUEDEBlueDenim
The blue tones perfectly with the jacket I'm going to wear with dress. And the design is elegant, with pointed toe and mix of suede/skin. But, though not completely flat to ground, they're still flats. Can I get away with them?

Another alternative suggested by another customer in my dressmakers is wedges - she was enthusing about these:
www.amazon.co.uk/H%C3%B6gl-Womens-9-103225-Fashion-Sandals/dp/B00OLJNCJC/ref=pd_sim_sbs_309_5?&ie=UTF8&refRID=0JHD5YM7A2JVMZKBPEEC

Still too clumpy?

Views and suggestions gratefully received!!
TIA.

Daffodil1210 Tue 28-Jul-15 18:14:39

I think the ones from LKB are lovely but they may be a bit too formal/workwear (if that makes any sense!), especially as you describe your dress as floaty.

I'm not keen on the ones from Amazon. They seem a little.... OAP.

Perhaps a sandal would work. Maybe something like this: www.lkbennett.com/Shoes/Sandals/Gena-Nappa-and-Suede-Sandal/p/SSGENANAPPABlueDenim

I'm sure there'll be plenty of better suggestions along soon smile

CherryBonBon Tue 28-Jul-15 18:16:34

First ones are too casual/worky.

Amazon ones are awful.

Daffodil's* are really lovely.

AmberNectarine Tue 28-Jul-15 19:01:45

Those wedges are grim, you are FAR too stylish for those.

Wear the LKB flats - you are tall IIRC?

polyhymnia Tue 28-Jul-15 19:17:39

Yes, AN, I'm tall for sure so don't need heels for height. V. tempted to at least get LKB ones to try with dress, though I know they could be worn casually and indeed would wear them with jeans myself - arguably, all the better value! But, on other hand, want all to be perfect for DS's wedding,

Don't know what came over me with the Amazon ones - desperation? The other customer was very nice, but didn't exactly have a style I'd want to copy ...

Those LKB sandals are nice, but sold out in my size (41).

Open to all other suggestions...

Bombaybunty Tue 28-Jul-15 19:31:13

Are these too high? Or these?
Bit pricey but lovely!

polyhymnia Tue 28-Jul-15 19:48:09

Not sure if Hobbs ones will be too high, though I like Hobbs and have often bought shoes there - need to try, tho second pair look as if they will be too high.

I love those Emma Hope ones but they say they only have 40.5 not 41 in navy and I don't know how generous their sizing is. However, will phone them tomorrow and check with them. Am in London so can get to shop easily.

polyhymnia Tue 28-Jul-15 22:28:21

Bump for any more views - on the LK Bennett ones, not the others - and any other suggestions from late night people. Thanks.

SheHasAWildHeart Wed 29-Jul-15 10:20:07

Go with the LK Bennett flats - it's important to be comfortable on the day.

How about any of these:
Carvela Anna
Jacques Vert
Jasper Conran Leather
Jasper Conran Suede

polyhymnia Wed 29-Jul-15 10:37:14

Thanks, SheHas. I really like all the shoes you posted but - and I can see this sounds pretty feeble to a high-heel wearer - they would all be really too high for me I'm afraid. So, as you say, the flats might be the best way to go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now