Talk

Advanced search

Trainers which don't look like trainers

(8 Posts)
rockybalboa Mon 27-Jul-15 23:36:23

My feet are getting ruined from being in sandals (Saltwater or Birkies mainly with the odd FitFlop) and I need something which is a proper enclosed comfy shoe ideal for walking the dog in. I initially thought New Balance as my DS has some cool ones but they all look like running trainers. I have running trainers and that's now what I want. Converse aren't substantial enough. Looked at Nike Roshe but don't like the massive swoosh. Anyone got any recommendations pls? Would like them to go with rolled jeans, cropped skinnies, skirts, dresses and shorts.

rockybalboa Mon 27-Jul-15 23:36:59

Argh, that's NOT what I want, not that's now what I want...

TheDuchessofBoxford Mon 27-Jul-15 23:43:16

Adidas gazelles? I wear mine with skirts as well as skinny jeans. Very comfortable, sturdier than converse but not running shoes. Lots of colour options too.

gallicgirl Mon 27-Jul-15 23:45:49

Skechers Go Walk. The most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.

rockybalboa Mon 27-Jul-15 23:51:03

Thanks Duchess, I was just considering Adidas Gazelles, some funky yellow ones in fact . Or some similar Puma old skool style ones. A lot seem to be suede though which might be a problem for dog walking..

Not keen on the Skechers Go Walk at all!

I love my Nike Roshe. The grey tick on black shoe is pretty inoffensive, I think, and I've worn them a lot with skinnies, rolled up jeans and skirts.

rockybalboa Tue 28-Jul-15 00:10:40

I've just ordered a pair of Adidas Gazelles which were in the sale, they are a very pretty sort of Tiffany green/blue colour. Worth a try.

CordeliaFoxx Tue 28-Jul-15 00:12:23

Gazelles are great, get some suede spray for them and they'll be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now