Talk

Advanced search

Wedding anniversary gifts

(12 Posts)
Dukketeater Mon 27-Jul-15 19:54:10

My Husband has just asked if I would like something collectible for future wedding anniversaries. Our 1st one is due shortly. He means something like a pandora bracelet (but I have one) that he can add to every year. Ideally something that the thing you add to it is around £50 or under as we will be doing traditional gifts too. Would prefer something I could wear every day but if its something I wear out for special occasions that works too as he got me a lovely watch for a birthday once I wear out out.
Has anybody seen anything lovely they thinks that fits the bill so I can suggest some things to him?

Thanks.

P.S I now have no idea what to get him as he has put thought into the concept whereas I was just going to buy him something paper - probably football tickets confused

mypetdragon Mon 27-Jul-15 20:06:30

How about some art, or a print? follows the paper theme (for 1st year anyway) and it helps to decorate your home.

Dukketeater Mon 27-Jul-15 20:11:48

Sorry, should have made it clear. He meant something to wear. There is a reason behind this thinking but if I give the reason it'll probably out me.

mypetdragon Mon 27-Jul-15 22:24:55

ah,, sorry for the misunderstanding. No further suggestions I'm afraid other than perhaps a Links bracelet as an additional bit of silverwear that you can add to? Trouble is that everything dates, so in 10 years time you proably won't be wearing said bracelet anyway confused

Dukketeater Mon 27-Jul-15 22:29:11

I don't particularly like links bracelets but yea I agree they date. I have had my pandora bracelet for 8 years now and never wear it anymore.

The idea he had is lovely and won't date at all but its not very practical at all which is why he asked me if there was anything else that I thought would work.

Dukketeater Wed 29-Jul-15 16:01:42

Anyone have an ideas?

Gem124 Wed 29-Jul-15 16:18:55

Not to wear but maybe a range of ornaments? Or a range of jewellery?

GemmeFatale Wed 29-Jul-15 17:03:57

Trying to think of jewellery that won't date, isn't practical and is so unusual it would out the OP if she told us what her husband suggested.

Unless it isn't jewellery but a tattoo they add to each year. Is it a tattoo OP?

Dukketeater Wed 29-Jul-15 19:02:29

Nope the original plan was jewellery not a tattoo.

Dukketeater Wed 29-Jul-15 19:03:12

Its not impractical to wear, the concept is impractical

BeaLola Wed 29-Jul-15 21:21:39

Tbh finding it hard to think of jewellery that you could add to that you would keep on wearing etc etc. apart from a charm bracelet all I could think o was as other poster and a range of jewellery eg georg jensen or if you like enamels halycon days or what about for the first anniversary a lovely gold or silver chain and then each year he finds a different pendant to hang from it ?

Re what to buy him for paper anniversary - what about your first dance at weeding lyrics framed - lots of ideas on Not on the high street.

Dukketeater Thu 30-Jul-15 08:01:51

That is exactly what I am going to buy him - spooky! It has been in my ebay watched list for the last 6 months since I came across it.

A charm bracelet is a nice idea but I have one, plus a pandora bracelet, a pandora bangle and necklace too. His fall back gift idea is a bracelet and having been together 10 years I now have lots of bracelets!

I don't actually care if I am outed, I don't post anything I need to worry about.... So his idea is an ongoing eternity ring, he bought me a thick band I already wear and every year he was going to have a stone added to it. It can be done but they'd be spaced out more than i'd like to secure them and the jeweller said because of the shape I could only have 5 stones maximum as well as on the even years it would end up uneven for a year and i'd be without it for a fortnight every year while it went in. So his idea was lovely and thoughtful but not really going to work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now