Talk

Advanced search

Retin A and Hats!

(8 Posts)
Pugthug Mon 27-Jul-15 15:30:59

OK so I have been using Retin a for a month. I am just wondering if all of you go out in full headwear, hats and sunglasses every day? I feel a bit stupid wearing a cap and glasses on a cloudy day. I wear sunscreen but like Joan Collins a girl needs a hat. Any ideas as a wide-brimmed hat in an industrial surburbian town looks daft especially when it's cloudy.

Pugthug Mon 27-Jul-15 19:09:22

Anyone?

iwantgin Mon 27-Jul-15 19:10:28

I use Epiduo which am supposed to use good sun protection with. If I don't I do go quite red.

But don't particularly cover up.

It's not really sunny enough at the moment to worry about it.

U2HasTheEdge Mon 27-Jul-15 19:26:52

I wear a big floppy hat if it is going to be very hot and I am going to be out in it for longer than an hour.

Otherwise, no. Just sunscreen 50.

Marylou2 Mon 27-Jul-15 20:13:07

No ,just factor 50. Sunglasses too if it's sunny. Top tip learned the hard way, don't get your eyebrows waxed while you're using it. But everyone apart from me probably knew that anyway. Oww!😢.

Pugthug Mon 27-Jul-15 20:28:59

Thanks, but I thought the sun was still strong through clouds so won't that damage your skin? Do you all wear wide-brimmed when sunny or caps? I feel silly in a big hat. Any nice hat ideas?

U2HasTheEdge Mon 27-Jul-15 21:04:03

I have a massive floppy one from Next. I look a bit silly wearing it around Norfolk grin

You can get sun damage even when it is cloudy but I still personally think wearing a hat and sunglasses is over kill and only use them when the UV rays are really strong, when it is very sunny and I am going to be in it for a while.

I would look a bit silly wearing glasses and a hat on cloudy days. I would probably stop everyone and tell them that I am on retin A so they don't think I am going out looking strange for no reason grin

Pugthug Mon 27-Jul-15 21:31:50

Yes U2 we don't live in LA where it would not be unusual to wear head apparatus 24/7. You probably get away with it in Norfolk though, people don't wear hats in a heatwave round here. I'm sure the other day when I was walking the dogs some teens said "It's not that hot luv." And yes I do feel the need to tell everyone I'm using retin a and am not in disguise!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now