Talk

Advanced search

BBH equivalent for USA

(18 Posts)
RoyCroppersCricketBat Mon 27-Jul-15 10:09:45

Does anyone know of something very similar to a BBH (needs to have a spinning brush) that can be used in the USA? Going in a few weeks and I really can't style my hair properly without one sad

Went to Canada a couple of years ago and I can honestly say that my constant battle with trying to do my hair without a BBH spoilt (a bit smile ) my holiday there!

MyPelvicFloorTrainsItself Mon 27-Jul-15 10:10:53

Can't you just get an adaptor plug?

Petal02 Mon 27-Jul-15 12:25:02

The UK BBH won't work in America, even with an adaptor plug (something to do with voltage).

But if you buy a Connair spinning brush (Connair is the USA branch of Babyliss) you should be OK. You can buy this product on ebay, or from Walmart when you get to America.

infiniti.conair.com/catalog.php?pcID=58&products_id=209

Lion12 Mon 27-Jul-15 14:58:47

I'm in exactly the same position. I've looked at other stylers that can be used worldwide but I worry they won't be as good. I think I'll be buying the conair one.

ggirl Mon 27-Jul-15 15:03:51

same problem here, i visit Canada regularly to see family. I'm going to invest in the connair one.

holdyourown Mon 27-Jul-15 17:19:47

I've used my BBH in US with an adaptor - bit less powerful but still worked

RoyCroppersCricketBat Mon 27-Jul-15 18:05:03

Thanks for the replies smile suppose I could buy the connair one, but just hoping there was something in the UK I could buy and take with me just to make sure smile

RoyCroppersCricketBat Mon 27-Jul-15 18:11:44

Just found the Connair one on UK Amazon for £115 !!!! looks like it's going to be another bad hair holiday sad

LikeABadSethRogenMovie Mon 27-Jul-15 18:14:30

I bought the Connair one in Target for $70 or something.

TheFlis12345 Mon 27-Jul-15 18:18:20

I've used my BBH in the US loads of times!

Lion12 Mon 27-Jul-15 19:53:47

I did consider getting a Remington styler that was suitable to use worldwide but I just don't think it'll compare. Saying that it can't be worse than trying to use my BBH in America. It was about as much use as a chocolate tea pot!

Petal02 Mon 27-Jul-15 19:57:08

I've got a Remington hot air styler - it comes apart, making it a bit easier for packing/travel, and it actually does a pretty good job of my layers. Although it's not quite as good as BBH.

I don't enjoy being BBH-dependent; if it were a smaller, travel-friendly appliance I might feel differently!

ggirl Tue 28-Jul-15 19:33:45

BBH on canadian walmart site was only $45cdn but out of stock and only available online ,or I'd snap one up when Im over there

RoyCroppersCricketBat Tue 28-Jul-15 23:04:00

Lion can you link to the remington stlyer that is suitable for worldwide use, please? thanks smile

Lion12 Wed 29-Jul-15 18:34:17

here

I don't know how good it is tho, it only caught my eye coz it could've used in America

Lion12 Wed 29-Jul-15 18:35:06

That post makes no sense! That's what I get for typing with a child climbing on me.

Petal02 Wed 29-Jul-15 18:44:04

Lion does the Remington you've linked definitely work in America?

Just wondering because the Remington is use for travel doesn't appear to be USA-friendly (although it's a slightly different model):

www.amazon.co.uk/Remington-AS7051-Volume-Curl-Styler/dp/B00B7FY8EQ/ref=cm_cd_ql_qh_dp_t

Lion12 Wed 29-Jul-15 20:53:53

I'm going off the discription on the website
"Stay cool tip for safer use
Curl release button to prevent tangling
Worldwide voltage - ideal for travelling
2.5m swivel cord
Suitable for all types of hair"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now