30d in white/nude?

(25 Posts)
handmadewithlove Mon 27-Jul-15 08:59:55

I'm looking for a 30d non padded bra for my 11yr old to wear under school uniform. So white or nude. Have looked in the usual places. Helpful shop assistants so far have suggested I'm looking for the wrong size(!). Her 30c bras are no longer fitting - the central gore in not flat against her chest. Have tried a 32c which fits better in the cup but too big in the back.

Any suggestions?

archaeoptyrx Mon 27-Jul-15 09:09:32

I've bought white in this size from Marks and nude from Debenhams (own brand). I buy underwired and lightly padded but they definitely do this size. The real challenge is finding 28 bands!

BabyStone Mon 27-Jul-15 09:32:12

The Debenhams website have a few white non padded/t-shirt bras in 30D if they are any good

AnotherEmma Mon 27-Jul-15 09:38:12

Bravissimo or John Lewis for brands like Freya. They will also make sure she is in the right size.

EmberRose Mon 27-Jul-15 09:41:38

Try figleaves? They often have a sale and I got a couple of plain ones, lepel, for between £8-12 last year. I am 30e so they do all sizes you can't find in the high street! If they don't fit just pop to back to the PO for returns.

TheSpottedZebra Mon 27-Jul-15 09:42:29

Have you seen Brastop ? www.brastop.com/all-bras-lingerie-swimwear?specs=30d-white-nude

EmberRose Mon 27-Jul-15 09:46:09

www.figleaves.com/uk/product/MQ-6051-TIF-AW10/Panache-Melody-Balconette-Bra/?size=30D&colour=Nude

EmberRose Mon 27-Jul-15 09:48:00

www.figleaves.com/uk/product/FE-FL2471/Fantasie-Esme-Underwired-Moulded-Bra/?size=30D&colour=White

dementedpixie Mon 27-Jul-15 10:01:33

I got nice moulded non underwired ones for dd in asda

handmadewithlove Mon 27-Jul-15 10:11:52

Thank you for all the suggestions. The problem we have is that she is 11. She doesn't want lace / plunge / balconette. Moulded bras are really hard to get the right fit. What I would really like ( unlikely I know) is to find something like the standard teen bras but in the right size! They all seem to stop at a c cup.
I am also not sure if she should have under wired bras at this stage?

Do asda do a 30 back? I thought most supermarket / high street shops start at a 32?

dangerrabbit Mon 27-Jul-15 10:16:49

M+S do white/nude bras in 30D

AnotherEmma Mon 27-Jul-15 10:23:21

As I said, John Lewis
m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/browse/women/lingerie/teen-underwear/bras/_/N-floZ1z1403x?un_listpage=yes#page_loaded

Wouldn't bother with Asda unless you're on a budget and are standard size. It's worth getting a quality bra that fits properly.

handmadewithlove Mon 27-Jul-15 10:36:30

I have had a look at the john Lewis link - thank you! The only white ones do not come in a 30d. They would be great for the weekends but no use under a white shirt lol! She can't be the only one this size - what are all the other girls wearing I wonder? She's too embarrassed to ask her friends what size they wear...

AnotherEmma Mon 27-Jul-15 11:45:35

This bra is white and available in a 30D: m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-megan-ribbon-detail-bra/p390863?colour=White/Pink#page_loaded

"She can't be the only one this size" - well no, otherwise JL wouldn't sell that bra in her size! But she might be the only one among her friends who is that size. It's quite unusual (but not abnormal) to be a 30D at her age. I think it's understandable if she feels a bit embarrassed about discussing it with her friends. We all come in different shapes and sizes but it's difficult to be ok with that when you're young and want to fit in! Why should she ask them if she doesn't want to?

Honestly, take her to John Lewis and/or Bravissimo. You can make an appointment with a bra fitter. They are always so helpful. If there are no suitable "teenage" bras I'm sure they will be able to find some adult bras that are suitable (plain, non-wired etc).

TriJo Mon 27-Jul-15 11:56:42

Debenhams should do a twin pack of T-shirt bras in that size in their own brand range.

It's not that unusual in a well fitting bra - there will probably be plenty of her friends wearing a 34aa or similar who should be in the sort of size your dd is

Cocolepew Mon 27-Jul-15 13:37:29

Try Sainsburys

AnotherEmma Mon 27-Jul-15 13:47:17

Asda? Sainsburys? REALLY?!
Oh yes because a supermarket is the best place to get a well fitted non wired bra in a 30D!!!

You might struggle to find much which is both non wired and non moulded. Wires are safe enough as long as you keep a close eye on fit which it sounds like you do. There is a non wired version of the Freya deco which is moulded but comes in nude so works well under school shirts etc.

handmadewithlove Mon 27-Jul-15 15:01:58

Thank you Statistically. I think you have made a good point. She is certainly not hugely different size wise to friends. But I suspect from conversations with parents that M and s is the place of choice to get measured so they have different sizes! I will order the one from John Lewis and look again at wired options. I guess it is like pregnancy where they tell you not to wear wires but they are fine if they fit properly? Her actual measurements are 29/33 so I think 30d is about right....

AnotherEmma Mon 27-Jul-15 15:14:15

There is also this JL bra which is non-wired: m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-non-wired-t-shirt-bra/p1207097?colour=White&un_jtt_v_pdp=yes&un_jtt_v_from_product=un_product_4#page_loaded

Watto1 Mon 27-Jul-15 15:29:14

Bizarrely, Avon do a huge range of sizes and styles. If you don't know a local Avon rep you can order online.

motherinferior Mon 27-Jul-15 16:10:04

Afraid I gave up and went for the JL moulded/padded teen ones. They're very nice, actually.

Basically it's exactly the same as pregnancy. Wires can cause problems if they sit on breast tissue and in pregnancy or for teens there's a greater risk of that happening as the breasts are growing. If you know what to look for and wear a bra which fits well then it's fine.

From her measurements I'd say 30D is about right.

Freya also do a soft cup version of the pollyanna - it's not completely plain but fairly subtle

Chchchchanging Mon 27-Jul-15 22:49:29

Freya deco is t-shirt style rather than padded and v good fit- also do non wired version

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now