Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Clear Bra Straps

(9 Posts)
valerie123 Sun 26-Jul-15 22:58:28

My sister maintains that if you are wearing a tank/vest summer top, you should not expose the normal white/black/coloured straps of your bra, especially if they display adjustment buckles etc.

She asserts that you should either: go strapless (horrible, unsafe & wobbly), use a rear strap clasp to pull in the straps (difficult to install & uncomfortable) or use clear bra straps.

I find the latter really sticky & clammy and they don't provide strap-free or buckle-free shoulders.

How do you wear your summer tops?

CordeliaFoxx Sun 26-Jul-15 23:02:23

My bra straps show and can't say if ever thought they shouldn't. Wear nice bras either matching colour or contrasting. Obviously no one wants to see white gone grey! Those clear straps are horrendous.

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Sun 26-Jul-15 23:04:00

Clear straps-no, no, no. I'd prefer to see toning bra straps than them.

WingsClipped Sun 26-Jul-15 23:11:42

Clear bra straps are the most pointless invention ever. It's not as if they are clear to the point of being invisible hmm

squoosh Sun 26-Jul-15 23:11:53

Your sister is WRONG.

Clear bra straps are one of my Most Hated Fashion Related Items (long list).

They don't look invisible, we can see their rubbery selves digging a plastic stripe into your shoulders. You ain't foolin' no one! And they're as tacky as those diamante thongs that some people used to flash over the top of their bumster jeans circa 2004.

I tend to look for tops that will cover my bra straps but I don't think there's anything wrong with a bit of bra peeking out as long as its a bra still that's in the fullness of health and not some sad grey specimen.

Nettletheelf Sun 26-Jul-15 23:41:58

Safety pin your bra straps to your vest straps. Never fails (I don't wear spaghetti strap vests, though, so I have more material to work with. Trinny & Susannah's lessons - avoid spaghetti straps if you are broad of shoulder - have stayed with me).

keeponkeepinon Sun 26-Jul-15 23:52:29

clear bra straps - i thought they didnt make them anymore on account of them making your skin look like it has some weird shiny divets. Honestly thought these weren't even a thing now. I've had some but not sure i ever used them. It not like they are invisible or something, they just aren't. I think they are strangely more noticeable.
If you have a bra with nice straps, far far far better and completely acceptable. Or try to find a very good strapless that does its job. But honestly, i wouldn't touch the clear straps.

valerie123 Sun 26-Jul-15 23:55:08

OK, clear straps are tacky a no-no, but what about exposing your bra strap buckles/furniture, and what colour straps might be regarded as tarty?

MamaLazarou Mon 27-Jul-15 08:33:17

I don't think it matters at all if your bra straps show when wearing a strappy top. Unless it's a very glamorous occasion. Clear bra straps are worse, IMO. The thing I really dislike is when the bra band is showing at the back when a normal bra is worn with a backless top or dress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now