Talk

Advanced search

How to make heated rollers work better

(5 Posts)
Saurus72 Sun 26-Jul-15 20:36:05

i have shoulder length fine hair, and I get really good results from using heated rollers. The problem is that the curl drops out really quickly. I spray with hairspray while the curlers are in, and again when I take them out, but still there's no staying power. Does anyone have any tips on products that may help please?

dontcallmelen Sun 26-Jul-15 22:28:58

Hi maybe when you take the rollers out wait untill, your hair has cooled before brushing out.

burnishedsilver Sun 26-Jul-15 23:13:12

I love heated rollers. The routine I've come up with to her the most out if the curls is as follows...

I wash my hair first, put john freida roon lift spray on the roots and dry it 99% with the hair dryer. I then put the heated rollers in. When the rollers cool down I reheat them a little by blowing the hairdryer over them. When they've cooled down again I take out the rollers and let the curl cool fully before styling. It's too curly initially but when it drops a little it's lovely.

burnishedsilver Mon 27-Jul-15 00:28:30

Sorry for all the typos.

TheAwfulDaughter Mon 27-Jul-15 00:34:15

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now