Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tan or black investment bag?

(6 Posts)
WeeBoobs Sun 26-Jul-15 19:51:14

I'm coming up to a big birthday and was considering treating myself to a "classic investment" type bag (Mulberry or similar).

My problem is that I can't decide whether to get a tan one or a black one. hmmhmm

I often wear tan brogues/boots with denim or navy, etc., but I also like to wear e.g. black biker jacket, jeans and black boots, or black boots/shoes with dresses for work.

So, is it okay to rock tan and black accessories together? Any opinions on which would be the better choice of colour for an investment bag?

UnashamedLabelHo Sun 26-Jul-15 20:27:42

I think tan - it's more weekendy - so might be more useful than black unless you have very corporate dress for work in which case black might be better five days a week (meetings etc). I think tan more versatile usually though?

minibmw2010 Sun 26-Jul-15 21:27:07

My SIL has a beautiful olive slightly sparkly mulberry. It sounds strange but it's not, it's very subtle and gorgeous with all colours clothes.

WeeBoobs Sun 26-Jul-15 21:53:52

I think I agree that tan is more versatile - I do tend to gravitate away from black on the whole, and I wear gold jewellery which I love with tan.

My office is fairly casual - I dress smartly when I'm feeling fancy but I can get away with chinos/brogues.

Your SIL's bag sounds gorgeous �� I don't think I could risk that sort of spend on a non-standard colour, though! Hopefully one day when I'm rich and have my own Mulberry collection grin

scarletforya Sun 26-Jul-15 21:56:25

Tan, without a shadow of a doubt. Far more versatile than black.

WeeBoobs Sun 26-Jul-15 21:58:32

Oh, and how rude of me �� Thank you for your replies! Off for a browse smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now