Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What curly girl friendly products do you use?

(17 Posts)
Silvertap Sun 26-Jul-15 19:43:13

I'm a big fan of the pink boots curl creme.

I've tried the body shop range and just don't get on with it. I get fed up in boots of going through a zillion bottles thinking I've found sulfate free but then finding a rogue -cone at the end.

I can only find really pricey stuff online.

Just want to be able to buy it from tescos or boots at preferably <£5 Bottle.

happygirl87 Sun 26-Jul-15 19:45:18

I like umberto giannini esp curl friends scrunching jelly

Silvertap Sun 26-Jul-15 19:46:12

I should have added I'm looking for a good conditioner!

TheGonnagle Sun 26-Jul-15 19:50:17

I find loads of sulphate free stuff at TK Maxx. I also splurge on Bumble and Bumble surf spray, which gives my curls great definition. And I'm a fan of Macadamia hair oil to stop frizz too.

LetMeDriveTheBus Sun 26-Jul-15 21:18:15

I use the Tresemme Organics conditioner and have been really happy with.

RedKites Sun 26-Jul-15 21:31:21

Faith in Nature Seaweed conditioner is CG friendly and available at Oxfam stores. It smells lovely, and I like it although not as much as the discontinued Naked leave in conditioner sadly .

bythewindsailors Sun 26-Jul-15 21:43:01

Nexxus conditioners are amazing. Recommended to me by my amazing hairdresser about 10 years ago and I haven't looked back.
I use humectress conditioner everyday as a leave in conditioner.
You can buy it from amazon. It's not cheap but worth it's the only thing that controls my frizzy , fine curly hair.

gruffalocake2 Mon 27-Jul-15 12:30:47

I buy Timotei Pure and Herbal Essences Naked from Tesco etc. I found the Nakd range at Boots very sticky and Liz Earle's hair products are lovely but not worth the price difference.

Tanaqui Mon 27-Jul-15 12:34:04

Tresseme naturals works well for me (might be low silicone rather than silicone free), I also don't like body shop rainforest. Naked is okay, holland and baratt rose is nice but their richer one (honey maybe?) is too heavy, l'oreal ever pure (green one) is quite good.

Tanaqui Mon 27-Jul-15 12:34:52

Herbal easences naked one, the conditioner isn't silicone free but the shampoo was nice.

GetTheFudgeOutOfRodge Mon 27-Jul-15 12:41:00

The Palmers Olive Oil Co-Wash and Replenishing Conditioner work wonders for me. I get them from Amazon for around £5 each.

LilyMayViolet Mon 27-Jul-15 12:59:56

I use any decent shampoo and conditioner and then use a bit of coconut oil on it. I buy it from SuperDrug or Bodyshop. I have used the curl cremes but find they make my hair quite crispy!

MsSampson Mon 27-Jul-15 18:50:28

Someone has already mentioned it, but the Timotei pure conditioner is great. I have tried loads and keep coming back to it - only £1 a bottle too. Not sure what supermarkets it is stocked in, but they have it in wilkos and lloyds pharmacy.

JennyOnAPlate Mon 27-Jul-15 22:34:56

I use tresseme naturals and Eco gel (from Amazon.) boots curl creme is also very good, as is As I Am co-wash. The palmers co-wash is very good but the pump on the bottle really annoys me:..I have very thick hair so need to do a lot of pumping!!

Silvertap Tue 28-Jul-15 14:26:27

Thanks everyone. Have ordered a few of the suggestions to try out.

Sansarya Tue 28-Jul-15 20:51:07

I just bought the Boots pink curl cream but am finding it's left my hair crispy, which is a finish I hate. Oh well, was only £1.99.

Has anyone used any of the ranges designed for Afro-Caribbean hair? Are they any good?

RedKites Tue 28-Jul-15 21:19:02

If you're wanting a more cowashing kind of conditioner, the Tescos coconut conditioner is CG friendly, and at 80p a bottle, worth a try.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now