Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

PACKING NIGHTMARE SEND HELP

(10 Posts)
TheAwfulDaughter Sun 26-Jul-15 19:26:22

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Lion12 Sun 26-Jul-15 19:30:17

Have you got access to a washing machine when there? I'd say go for layers so jeans, vest, cardi with nice scarf and water proof for part 1. You can the wear the vests with shorts/skirt on part 2. Or a light dress with cardi and tights for part 1 and the same dress with sandals for part 2.
Where are you off to? I love holidays.

Nevercan Sun 26-Jul-15 19:31:57

I would keep it simple with lots of layers. I would pack walking trousers that you can unzip into shorts, breathable t-shirts, thin fleece, thin rain mac etc plus a couple of vest tops that y can wear with shirts when hot or under shirts if cold. A word of warning - I am more of a practical wardrobe person than a glamorous one. Have great time

Toffeelatteplease Sun 26-Jul-15 19:36:57

About 6 short sleeve tshirt or shirts
3 jeans or trousers or skirts and opaque tights (bonus points if skirts can be used with or without tights)
3 shorts or other summer bottoms (these can cross over with the above)
4 cardigans or jumpers
1 proper performance fleece or hoodie
1 proper performable pack a mac
1style trench coat style mac
some people might add a blazer

Layer up as appropriate.

Toffeelatteplease Sun 26-Jul-15 19:39:06

Add a dress or two if you want or have room. Ideally can be worn with or without opaques

TheAwfulDaughter Sun 26-Jul-15 19:39:44

TheAwfulDaughter Sun 26-Jul-15 19:40:41

Toffeelatteplease Sun 26-Jul-15 19:46:14

Your over thinking it. You just have to make sure all the tops match with all the bottoms. All the cardis/jumpers match the tops and the bottoms. Then you just pull out which ones you feel like wearing that day and suit the climate

TheAwfulDaughter Sun 26-Jul-15 19:48:11

Toffeelatteplease Sun 26-Jul-15 19:54:57

I've got to admit most of my wardrobe now works this way.
If it helps look at your wardrobe and work out your neutral colour, usually black, grey, karki, denim. For me black and denim. Start by pulling out those items for packing first. Or a few favourite items and work out what neutral colour fits them all and pick up 5 vest tops or short sleeve tops that work with them all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now