Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To tuck or not tuck? Messy or neat?

(8 Posts)
Callycatsy Sun 26-Jul-15 12:17:24

I'm dithering about this. Untucked looks square and frumpy, tucked in looks neat but emphasises a tummy. Gah. How hard should it be to get dressed?

Blouses and tees are a minefield.

Ohbollocksandballs Sun 26-Jul-15 12:21:01

Depends why you're wearing them with. Skinny jeans I'd go for a messy/baggy tuck. Pencil skirt id opt for a neat tuck

Becauseicannes Sun 26-Jul-15 12:21:58

Why does untucked look square? I tuck in a shirt, never a tee. If you feel unconfortable about a tummy there are plenty of other tops which skim tummies rather than emphasize them.

mewkins Sun 26-Jul-15 12:23:31

A half tuck perhaps?

Fabellini Sun 26-Jul-15 12:23:49

What are you tucking in to? If it's tshirt and jeans, then I find that if you catch just the hem of your tshirt into the waistband of your jeans at the side, then it looks ok, kind of casual, but not square.
I do know exactly what you mean, I am an apple shape and hate tucking things in as it seems to emphasise my stomach, so I wear lots of tops with shaped hems, bubble hems, wrap overs....basically anything that won't need tucked in. If I had to wear a skirt for work (thank the sweet baby cheeses i dont), I would wear fine knit jumpers, or dresses, rather than have to try and make the skirt/blouse combo work for me........because in 50 years, I have never managed it!

Callycatsy Wed 29-Jul-15 10:39:21

Thanks for the tips, apologies for my tardiness in thanking you. I'm overthinking it I think. I might need shorter tees. They kind of hit my hips which makes my near-hourglass figure look square.

burnishedsilver Wed 29-Jul-15 11:54:50

It sounds like you'd be better off with fitted shirts and tighter tees.

Callycatsy Wed 29-Jul-15 13:00:28

Yes, that sounds a good idea! I also like the fine knits idea above.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now