Talk

Advanced search

Clogged pores? Need help, pic inc.

(15 Posts)
GingerFoxInAT0phat Sun 26-Jul-15 10:29:15

Hi,
Really struggling with my skin lately. It's usually pretty clear but quite dull and sallow.

Over the past couple of weeks I've noticed lots of these little bumps under the skin which after googling I am assuming are clogged pores?

Finding it hard to find any advice as most of the sites are those daft ones where it's '10 steps for better skin' but no real advice in them!

Other than that it's usually quite dry/sensitive.

Does anyone have an idea how to get rid of them? Or what products would help?

Thank you grin

GingerFoxInAT0phat Sun 26-Jul-15 10:30:08

Oops forgot the pic! blush

tippytap Sun 26-Jul-15 11:46:30

Have you changed any products lately? Looks like whatever product you are using isn't suitable for your skin.

It also looks how my skin did when I had acne. If it persists maybe visit your doctor?

I found the best way to clear skin was to cut out the rubbish I was eating and drink loads.

GingerFoxInAT0phat Sun 26-Jul-15 11:53:16

Erm no not really, I did get lax about my skincare routine when I got back from holiday but have just started making sure I cleanse and moisturise again properly.

Also run out of my nip and fab glycolic pads which I need to rebuy soon.

I have also been eating rubbish so will have to get back on the straight and narrow.

MamaLazarou Sun 26-Jul-15 11:57:41

Have you tried facial massage? There are methods which encourage lymphatic drainage thereby preventing congestion. I had two of those little white bumps recently and buffing with a salicylic acid-based toner helped bring them out enough so that I could squeeze them. They are gone now.

Mrsjayy Sun 26-Jul-15 11:57:52

Dd has acne poor girl has tried everything we were in lush in june she got their love lettuce face mask its brilliant her face has started to clear up and her face isnt as red and angry any more she is really happy with the results,

Callycatsy Sun 26-Jul-15 12:02:03

Add Elemis tri enzyme facial wash to your routine. It's not a cleanser per se as it won't take off makeup so use it in the morning and after cleansing in the evening. Perfect for lumpy bumpy skin.

MrsBertMacklin Sun 26-Jul-15 12:02:05

My first thought is that a toner with salicylic acid AKA BHAs, not AHAs (which is what the Nip/Fab ones contain), would be more beneficial.

This thread has a good list of budget options.

GingerFoxInAT0phat Sun 26-Jul-15 14:25:51

Thanks for all the advice!

So definitely need a salicylic toner then, I will have a read of that thread thanks MrsBertMacklin.

MamaLazarou, I'll have a quick look at facial massage too. smile

Mrsjayy, I was on the lush website the other day after seeing someone raving about the (I think it's called) Angels breath cleanser. Will look for the love lettuce mask thank you!

Callycatsy, will the Elemis facial wash dry my skin out at all?

Callycatsy Sun 26-Jul-15 14:33:30

It doesn't dry my skin out at all. It has great reviews on QVC if you want to check those out smile I follow with a toner just because water is a bit hard where I live.

sonata1 Sun 26-Jul-15 14:49:01

I was in Lush today and picked up a sample of Coalface soap for my DD who has oily skin and spots. The assistant said that the other one is the Angel cleanser but it is stronger and quite drying so maybe try the Coalface first then move onto the other one.

Mrsjayy Sun 26-Jul-15 15:33:29

Oh can you let me know what the soap is like dd might try it ?

GingerFoxInAT0phat Sun 26-Jul-15 17:01:42

I have read that tread and it's quite confusing, can anyone recommend a salicyclic toner?

I looked at a few but want to make sure I'm definitely getting the right one.

Im going to pop into lush next time I'm in town so will have a look at the coalesce soap. Although my skin is usually dry and I've never suffered with spots before. I wonder if it has changed? hmm

Kennington Sun 26-Jul-15 17:12:47

Vichy normaderm do a salicylic toner
Green bottle

Works really well on clogged pores

GingerFoxInAT0phat Sun 26-Jul-15 17:17:06

Ooh thank you!

I love Vichy products, going to have a look now. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now