Talk

Advanced search

Urgent Shoe Help Please!

(13 Posts)
Allinafankle Sat 25-Jul-15 21:19:43

Okay, I hate proper shoes. I find them uncomfortable and can't walk in anything remotely like a heel. I blister really easily and have fairly wide feet. Oh, and I seem to be the only person in the country who does t find Clarks shoes comfortable.
I have a wedding to attend in a couple of weeks and have this dress to wear: www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Dickins+Jones+Fern+floral+dress/215735727,default,pd.html
I have no clue what to put on my feet. I trailed round Bluewater for hours today with no success. I only really have tomorrow to find something due to other commitments. I'm thinking Central London.
Any ideas? At least suggest some colours for me. Saw a lovely pair of Converse the exact colour of the dress ... grin

LettuceLaughton Sat 25-Jul-15 21:59:15

I've wide feet and have never got on with Clarkes either! Buggers.

White or blue ballet flats would be fine, just go for that. Well, flat mary janes would be better (no flapping) but harder to find, I'd think. Sandals could work too but I'd really not bother, IME it's harder to get a good fit. Then it rains. Could probably link to a few ideas but I've no idea of your budget...

New look do a wide fit. M&S. Evans. Gabor are very good, if you get lucky with the style.

In any case, do stick some of these on in the likely places before you get blisters.

Allinafankle Sat 25-Jul-15 22:18:34

Thanks for those suggestions - I'll check out Gabor. I never find M&S fit me - I'm a 6 / 39 but they don't seem to agree with that! I had a look in New Look as I've had success in there before but there was nothing much apart from a pair of white sandals which I hesitated over. Might revisit tomorrow.
My budget isn't really an issue, although I don't want to spend a fortune on something I'll probably never wear again!

LettuceLaughton Sat 25-Jul-15 22:31:17

I'll have a look if I can see anything. Do ballet flats actually work on you BTW? They tend to give me a full on mini mouse look but my feet are really very wide indeed.

Patent would be good if you come across it, seems to look able to make quite simple flats just that bit more formal
Silver might would work too but hardish to avoid frump.

LettuceLaughton Sat 25-Jul-15 22:31:32

'Nude'! There's always 'nude'. I hate it so I forget but it can still be done, I believe.

SwedishEdith Sat 25-Jul-15 22:37:44

I'd go for pink. I find ballet "flats" unwearable so can't do them. I know you said no heels but I saw these today and wanted to to but them but have no excuse to so I think you should instead.

Office

CordeliaFoxx Sat 25-Jul-15 22:41:06

Gorgeous dress! I would go for ballet pumps too, the pink suggested above would be nice, along with a pink bag?

Noeuf Sat 25-Jul-15 22:44:03

Http://www.amazon.co.uk/MaRited-Ladies-Sandals-Natural-Leather/dp/B00K0PVN9M/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1437860595&sr=8-23&keywords=white+clogs+for+womenp://www.amazon.co.uk/MaRited-Ladies-Sandals-Natural-Leather/dp/B00K0PVN9M/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1437860595&sr=8-23&keywords=white+clogs+for+women

Noeuf Sat 25-Jul-15 22:45:04

Sorry, forgot to say I had an idea in m th head and tried to Google it and this is the closest. Now I must buy them.

tethersend Sat 25-Jul-15 22:50:53

silver?

Allinafankle Sat 25-Jul-15 22:54:27

Ooh those Office ones aren't too bad - do they come up wide(ish), do you know SwedishEdith? I see they do them in blue patent too, or is the general consensus that pink would be better?

SwedishEdith Sat 25-Jul-15 22:59:22

I don't know about the Office ones re width but they're only £15 so maybe order 2 sizes?

TheHappinessTrap Sun 26-Jul-15 06:32:44

(I wouldn't wear pink and blue, it would make me feel childish. Just adding to your consensus taking! )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now