This bag for my son's wedding?

(11 Posts)
polyhymnia Sat 25-Jul-15 18:59:44

Just getting my outfit together for imminent wedding of my DS.

I have a peacock blue silk dress and jacket - sorry, can't post because they are still being made. The jacket has a blue on blue pattern, so quite striking.

Do people think this bag will be nice for the occasion? I've already bought the Hobbs ballet flats in this same silver for my 'changing into in the evening' shoes. The shoes for the event itself are a separate problem (I hate heels!), but will probably end up being navy, as comfortable ones with a small heel are probably easier to find in that than silver.

Would this be OK with navy shoes and in the - we hope - sunlit afternoon as well as the evening? Want to avoid bling.

polyhymnia Sat 25-Jul-15 19:00:25

Oops - forgot post:

www.hobbs.co.uk/product/display?productID=0215-1279-020000&refpage=bags

polyhymnia Sat 25-Jul-15 20:55:35

Bump for later posters.
Views please!

Noeuf Sat 25-Jul-15 20:57:38

It's so bland it will be fine.It's really good as a useful inoffensive addition to the outfit, which sounds cool. I'd go navy for the shoes - matching bag and shoes is a bit ick.

polyhymnia Sat 25-Jul-15 21:09:55

Thanks. Yes agree really don't like matchy-matchy bag and shoes.just don't want them to fight.
Bland is good because the jacket print makes a fairly strong statement.

Noeuf Sat 25-Jul-15 21:14:04

Exciting - whats the print?

thenightsky Sat 25-Jul-15 21:14:04

Bag nice... love it actually.

Outfit sounds amazing.

polyhymnia Sat 25-Jul-15 21:23:40

This

polyhymnia Sat 25-Jul-15 21:24:48

But ignore lace in top left corner. That's another fabric.

Noeuf Sat 25-Jul-15 22:05:16

Wow!! Definitely a simple bag then. What's the style of the dress and jacket?

polyhymnia Sat 25-Jul-15 22:36:21

Dress really very simple. Short sleeves, scoop neck ( not too low) definition at waist, then gently flared skirt to knee length.. In soft fluid chiffon type silk. I'm a tall, large hourglass with good legs.

Jacket design being finalised next week but want to keep that simple too, particularly with strong pattern. Will have, probably,3/4 length sleeves. I think my dressmaker is thinking a bolero type, cut away design rather than buttoned but any views welcome at this stage!

Am also having a silver necklace made to 'fill in' neckline.again very simple with a quite big central disc in a 'distressed', not shiny,finish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now