Talk

Advanced search

Star Mela Type bags

(11 Posts)
AnotheBloodyChinHair Sat 25-Jul-15 15:46:15

I really fancy one but am I too old (mid 40s)? Are there any similar brands not quite as expensive)

Marylou2 Sat 25-Jul-15 16:14:44

Star Mela are beautiful! grin at you being too old in your mid 40s. Mango sometimes have a similar type bag.Have you seen Sophie Anderson's bags? Even more $$$ but sooo gorgeous.

Donthate Sat 25-Jul-15 16:28:00

I had a bag exactly like this. About £5 from a little shop in Bangkok. I loved it. Maybe check ebay for international sellers

AnotheBloodyChinHair Sat 25-Jul-15 17:44:43

What do you think of this one?
www.asos.com/Star-Mela/Star-Mela-Nori-Embroidered-Neon-Across-Body-Bag/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5262498&CTARef=Recently%20Viewed&CTARef=Recently%20Viewed&CTARef=Recently%20Viewed&CTARef=Recently%20Viewed&CTARef=Recently%20Viewed

Marylou2 Sat 25-Jul-15 18:34:01

That's gorgeous! I want one of their clutches... wanders off to search ASOS..l

Chunkamatic Sat 25-Jul-15 19:56:30

I've got one of their totes from Plumo, wasn't hugely impressed to be honest. It's very pretty but the straps are fake leather and one broke very quickly sad

AnotheBloodyChinHair Sat 25-Jul-15 20:02:40

Oh no really, with those prices I thought the quality would be excellent

Chunkamatic Sat 25-Jul-15 20:06:44

To be fair, it is just the straps that let it down. Mine is beaded and that has all stayed in tact. But the straps do cheapen it, IMO.

Chunkamatic Sat 25-Jul-15 20:08:50

Just looked at your link and note that it has an embroidered strap so probably wouldn't have the same issues!

BerniceBobsHerHair Sun 26-Jul-15 09:13:29

That star mela bag is gorgeous!

Some cheap ones from Warehouse but quality is not great tbh

here

here

here

SophiesDog Sun 26-Jul-15 10:28:54

I got one from Anthro and one from Asos. the first was poor quality - the charm on the strap was off before I even opened the packaging. The tassles looked like they would fall apart too.

The second one was just subtly different from the photo - the colours were a bit too luminous. It just wasn't as nice as it looked.

So I'd be wary.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now