Talk

Advanced search

where to get 8 year olds ears pierced? that is not Claires...

(10 Posts)
Newhere2 Sat 25-Jul-15 10:09:37

hello looking for somewhere in london or sw london / richmond to get ears pierced. Would prefer to go to somewhere a little more special than Claires as its for a birthday and also because Id like to feel more confident that its done correctly

any ideas?

bec3105 Sat 25-Jul-15 10:13:33

Most jewellers do it

TheImminentGin Sat 25-Jul-15 10:18:16

We go to a local tattoo and piercing place. Very friendly bloke, lovely with my children, very gentle but firm in his talk on keeping it clean etc.
Have a Google.
Have also used a jeweller, big high St brand one.

SerialBox Sat 25-Jul-15 10:20:37

Personally I would check out tattoo and piercing places. IMHO they are the ones with better experience.

GraysAnalogy Sat 25-Jul-15 10:21:18

Avoid all jewellers. Avoid anywhere that uses a gun. Go to a tattoo shop and ask for it to be done using a needle. It's safer, more hygienic and kinder to the ear

Lonecatwithkitten Sat 25-Jul-15 10:24:29

Tattoo and piercing studio here. Advice for post piercing care was also different to jewellers/Claire's as a clinical person studio's advice seemed much more sensible. It was leave well alone do not touch each time you touch bacteria is introduced.

SuburbanRhonda Sat 25-Jul-15 10:28:51

Old London Road Tattoos, Kingston.

DD has had all her piercings and two tattoos done there. They have an excellent reputation and are very helpful and professional.

Newhere2 Sun 26-Jul-15 17:49:47

thanks all, yes I think a piercing place is the way to go. Shall search up a few now!

MrsSchadenfreude Sun 26-Jul-15 19:34:06

Metalmorphosis in Top Shop at Oxford Circus. They use a disposable, one use gun. A lot of places won't use a needle on children.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 26-Jul-15 21:40:56

Metalmorphosis won't needle pierce children ( I asked about my DD 13yo)

FWIW my DD has had 5 earrings done at Claires (over a period of time)
No problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now