Talk

Advanced search

Please dress me for an interview!!

(7 Posts)
madeuplovesong44 Fri 24-Jul-15 22:12:04

I have an interview in a fortnight for a really exciting job opportunity and I'd love to look fabulous! I'm a bit hopeless with clothes.

I'm 5'10 and normally a size 10, however I had twins 6 months ago and am bf. Have huge boobs and a wobbly tum so my normal clothes look awful. I'm very pale skinned with dark hair and have fairly decent legs!! Probably budget of around £100. Any suggestions welcome?

AliAliAlium Sat 25-Jul-15 17:40:55

Bumping for you as I'd like some help here too

madeuplovesong44 Sat 25-Jul-15 19:48:15

Thank you! Would love some inspiration!

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Sun 26-Jul-15 13:08:50

For lack of anyone else....maybe an on the knee black skirt, not too short, not too tight, Next or somewhere like that? Actually, Matalan were praised a while ago for their office basics, which all had lycra in them, so they keep their shape. Shirt/blouse would depend on the culture of the working environment. I would opt for plain if more conservative, you can be a little more 'out there' if it's a more creative/media/you-get-the-idea job. And a nicely cut jacket?

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Sun 26-Jul-15 13:10:01

A darker shirt would diminish the size of the norkage, if that's the look you were going for, maybe.

amarmai Sun 26-Jul-15 18:41:11

dresses have more ability to disguise figure imperfections IMO. maybe a dress with/out a jacket. Jaeger has good interview clothes.

Hero1callylost Sun 26-Jul-15 19:19:31

I'd go for a dress too - when my tummy is feeling wobbly trousers/skirts just make me feel fat and give me a visible waistband - not a great look for confidence!

How about a dress that nips you in at the waist, with smart pair of heels? - something along these lines - www.next.co.uk/x6d44s3#772208x56

(not sure if the colour will work on you but I'm looking at the shape)

Perhaps look for something a bit open at the neckline to balance your big boobs - not to show cleavage but I'm big boobed and find scoop necks often balance me out a bit better than high necklines.

Make sure you start off with well fitting underwear of course, everything else will follow easily after that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now