Talk

Advanced search

I bought 2 tops from TKMaxx - but I'm not sure they fit....

(8 Posts)
Katymac Fri 24-Jul-15 19:36:20

They are the same shape - but I don't know if they are too big - they say small, but if they are small I'm mistaken......I'm a 14!!

I can probably take them in but it'll be tricky - what do you think?

They were very cheap, so if I decide to make a cushion cover out of them it won't matter but the material is lovely

rockchickchickyrock Fri 24-Jul-15 20:13:07

Well personally I think it's a lovely colour and very flattering on you! What colour is the other one? And most importantly how do you feel when you have it on?

I am very jealous as I never find anything nice in TK Maxx! A friend of mine had a gorgeous maxi dress on from there the other day, I must go and have a rummage! :-)

burnishedsilver Fri 24-Jul-15 20:15:19

It looks a bit big to me.
Tkmaxx are generally good with returns so no need to make a cushion out of them if you decide against them.

Katymac Fri 24-Jul-15 20:19:42

Well they cost £8 reduced from £105 so I'm not worried about returning them

The other one is grey/mauve - I think they look better when I'm wearing them rather than posing hmm

Still undecided - I'll show my mum tomorrow

I've worked out how to take them in at the side seams - but I'll have to think about the sleeves, as if I reduce the bodice I may need to make them narrower too

Gem124 Sun 26-Jul-15 18:46:02

I think it looks lovely! I really like it :-)

Justbatteringon Sun 26-Jul-15 18:51:24

I think it looks lovely. The sleeves would personally stress me out, not a fan of puffy sleeves. I'd probably wear a cardigan for that price, though they look good on you though so go for it.

HarrietSchulenberg Sun 26-Jul-15 19:50:32

I think it looks lovely, especially the colour and with the belt. I have a shaggy surf jacket (I know, I know) from Tk Maxx that is labelled a 10 but easily fitted my 12/14 self when I bought it. I'm now a 16, 10 years on, and it still does up (not that I ever wear it).

Katymac Sun 26-Jul-15 20:18:27

Thanks everyone, I've actually shortened the sleeves by an inch and they lie much more sedately now - they were a bit 'in your face'

DD has decided she would like me to make her one <sigh> I couldn't buy enough material to make one (even for her size 8) for £8!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now