Talk

Advanced search

Can we have a thread for good beauty stuff under a tenner anything really? Tried or not tried

(127 Posts)
SuperFlyHigh Fri 24-Jul-15 10:12:11

I want to try for starters:-

Alberto Balsam Mandarin and Papaya conditioner - have tried the shampoo and it is better than I'd expected...

I have tried Boots Evening Primrose moistursier and its just ok, wouldn't re-use

Vintagebeads Fri 24-Jul-15 10:40:40

The Lidl Cien face cream,its really nice light moisturizer.I am sensitive and its one of the few that doesn't make me blotch.

Aldi face cream I found it too purfumed and heavy it didn't sink in well so if I touched my face later in the day it ended up wiping it near my eyes and they watered non stop.

Max factor waterproof mascara,I find it no different from Lancome I have used for years.

Nivea in the blue pot. Roughly £2 for the big one and a great moisturiser,especially for those of us prone to dry and sensitive skin.

Boots Traditional Glycerine and Rose Water Toner, again around £2 I think. Lovely moisturizing toner for dry skin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 24-Jul-15 13:27:16

Cheating a BIT here but:

BodyShop Camomile Cleansing Butter (yes it's £13 but BodyShop very often have special offers )

Absinthe Handwash (£5) I use as a shower gel, love the smell of it.

Henera Henna shampoo and Conditioner (£1 each) from Savers

Musicianofbremen Fri 24-Jul-15 13:31:09

Collection (used to be Collection 2000) make up is brilliant. The foundation is just about the only one that doesn't bring me out in a rash. Their chubby stick dupes are excellent too.

Aldi handcream

Waitrose essentials cardamom and black pepper bubble bath.

Hezaire Fri 24-Jul-15 13:37:52

Argh I can't remember the name but it's the maybelline mascara for your eyebrows. Really good. Comes in 3 shades I think. 6 quid

Hezaire Fri 24-Jul-15 13:38:50

Always worth looking out for freebies on magazines. I know I've got a couple of benefit bits over the years from glamour I think!

heyheyheygoodbye Fri 24-Jul-15 13:40:50

NSpa stuff from Asda is great - melting cleansing gel particularly lovely.

Barbara Daly primer from Tesco...actually not sure you can get this anymore sad

Sainsbury's conditioner - apple or coconut. MASSIVE bottles, only about a quid. No silicones, smell nice, work really well!

Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser Under-eye concealer, the one with the sponge tip. Fab.

And I'm a big fan of Head and Shoulders, as unglamorous as it may be grin

heyheyheygoodbye Fri 24-Jul-15 13:45:21

OH AND the W7 In the Buff eyeshadow palette. Great dupe for Naked and is about £4 on Amazon!!

KanyesVest Fri 24-Jul-15 13:50:24

Boots collection waterproof mascara. It's a couple of quid and the only mascara that doesn't melt down my face. Poundland does a great liquid eyeliner, again amazing stay-put-ability.

GemmeFatale Fri 24-Jul-15 14:24:53

Has anyone tried the maybelline colour drama lip pencils before I bite the bullet and get one?

Not traditional but rose water from the Middle Eastern shop is about £3 and can be used as a facial mist/toner

Almond oil about the same price and fab as an oil cleanser or moisturiser

LikeSilver Fri 24-Jul-15 14:47:44

Maybelline mascara
Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara
Maybelline foundation
Alberto Balsalm shampoo/conditioner
Superdrug hot cloth cleanser
Palmers cocoa butter body lotion
Soap and Glory hand cream
I don't like Nivea in the blue pot but I do like Nivea Soft.

mowglik Fri 24-Jul-15 15:20:34

Palmers cocoa butter body lotion
aveeno dry skin body lotion
Boots 17 HD falsifye mascara
Garnier micellar cleansing water
Innisfree no sebum powder (has replaced my MAC blot that I have used for years and years)
Nivea age defying q10 hand cream
Aldi lacura skincare range
Nip+fab acid pads (think they are just under a tenner)
Nuxe honey lip balm
Boots botanics BB cream

mowglik Fri 24-Jul-15 15:22:01

Oo also for hair
Elvive fibrology shampoo and conditioner for thicker hair
Elvive conditioning lightweight leave in spray

midnightmoomoo Fri 24-Jul-15 19:57:49

Superdrug vit E hot cloth cleanser
Superdrug body butters (nicer than BS ones)
Alberto Balsam shampoo and conditioner
Aveeno
Astral
Corn Silk loose powder
Carmex lip balm

sonata1 Fri 24-Jul-15 23:24:05

heyheyheygoodbye..I saw the Nspa melting gel cleanser in Asda today for £2 (normal price £6). I was debating whether to get it but didn't as I couldn't find out what skin type it was best suited to.Maybe I should have got one !

BeautifulBatman Fri 24-Jul-15 23:27:40

Nspa eye cream and Nspa radiant serum are fab.

FriendofBill Fri 24-Jul-15 23:29:32

Any muslin/waffle cloth and any cheapo face wash.

Best skin of my life.

findingmyfeet12 Fri 24-Jul-15 23:33:04

Sleek blushes and eyeshadows.
Boots botanics range.

cosytoaster Fri 24-Jul-15 23:34:26

At night I use the NSpa hot cloth cleanser followed by Nivea blue pot. My skin looks exactly the same as when I used Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair

Mmbop Sat 25-Jul-15 00:05:17

The boots day cream moisturiser, don't know it's exact name but it's in a small beige/gold tub grin

TheMightyMing Sat 25-Jul-15 00:43:49

LOreal Nude Magique cc cream. I use the anti dullness. Not used foundation for ages, and ai am nearing 45 with not amazing skin. It looks weird when you squeeze it out, but goes on lovely and is very natural. In fact I am pretty impressed with LOreal make up generally. I used to be a huge Clinique snob, I still maintain again their brow pencil to be the best thing ever though ( others are often too reddish or dark brown for me)

mewkins Sat 25-Jul-15 07:19:21

Rimmel exaggerate liquid eyeliner is brilliant.

ishouldcocoa Sat 25-Jul-15 07:30:37

Garnier Perfect Blur is good value. It does what it says, and all your wrinkles disappear (for a while...). You can get it for under a tenner on Amazon.

Also Olay tinted skin moisturiser. I use both of these all year round.

thatsshallot Sat 25-Jul-15 07:45:54

Bourjois cc cream, I live near the factory and saw Chanel vans leaving so they are def one and the same
Aldi serums
Palmers cocoa butter body lotion (non perfumed is good)
Boots intensive foot softener
Super drug naturally radiant hot cloth cleanser
Boots time delay acid toner (called brightening)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now