Talk

Advanced search

What's good from Avon?

(18 Posts)
Buglife Thu 23-Jul-15 20:34:08

A friend at work is selling Avon and I fancy having a splurge, what's good from them? What I could do with is some kind of skin brightener/highlighter/concealer (baby doesn't really sleep through!) but am open to experimenting with anything that's really good. I just want to know if it's worth it!

PestoSwimissimos Thu 23-Jul-15 20:35:17

Glimmer sticks
Their foot cream stuff
The huge bubble baths

midnightmoomoo Thu 23-Jul-15 21:31:02

Bubble baths
Shower gels
Lipsticks
Perfumes are good, not too expensive,
The dry oil spray which is famous for being an effective insect repellent!
Sun lotions and after sun

leccybill Thu 23-Jul-15 22:16:40

Kids fruity body washes
Sun lotion

CointreauVersial Thu 23-Jul-15 22:17:46

Eye creams
Fragrances
Shower gels

WoodyandLol Thu 23-Jul-15 22:20:52

The Avon Supershock gel pencil eyeliners are fab.

Laska42 Thu 23-Jul-15 22:27:19

Skin so Soft dry oil spray , is a fantastic mossie repellent.. I take it on holiday every year.. (and it smells perfectly fine to humans!grin)

BelindaBagwash Thu 23-Jul-15 22:36:17

Avon BB cream is amazing. Far better as a concealer and all-over foundation that many more expensive ones I've bought on the high street

PiggyBeekman Thu 23-Jul-15 22:47:49

Glimmersticks
Skin so soft dry oil, although apparently it doesn't repel mozzies anymore as they changed the formula (am an avon lady!)
Bubble bath
Gel nail varnish
Sun creams
Mineral foundation
Silicon hand cream, I have terrible eczema flare ups and it's a godsend for about a quid
Bronzing pearls and colour correcting pearls

Flipsmum Thu 23-Jul-15 23:15:59

This is really good ( face perfector) and so is this but quite pricey so wait for special offer!

IJustLostTheGame Fri 24-Jul-15 07:34:15

bb cream although the colours are limited
Moroccan argan oil hair serum. It is the best.

Shonajay Fri 24-Jul-15 07:47:01

Love their super shock gel eyeliners, but bought a glimmer stick and. Was awful, really dry and draggy. Maybe I just got a dud.

Buglife Fri 24-Jul-15 12:23:13

Thanks! I have the catalogue right here so will have a look smile

LavazzaLover Fri 24-Jul-15 16:45:27

Glimmersticks brows and liners
Bubble baths
Anew Reversalist 40+ day & night cream (I always buy in bulk when on offer. €21.50 each but last week I got 2 for £26)
Perfumes
Nail varnish

LassieKillsChickens Fri 24-Jul-15 17:35:26

I second Skin So Softly. I've lived in the tropics and many use it as a mosquito/bug repellent. I heard that the army give it out to soldiers for that reason too but that could be an urban myth!

moopymoodle Fri 24-Jul-15 20:13:56

Anew foundation.. love it!

shakerashakera Fri 24-Jul-15 21:10:48

calming effects mineral foundationx

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Fri 24-Jul-15 21:32:37

Just be wary of you have sensitive skin. I love the look of lots of the products but am allergic to most - from foundations, to sun lotion to eye shadow & shampoo!

I've no idea which specific ingredient is causing the problem but it doesn't happen with most other brands hmm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now