Talk

Advanced search

Dark circles - what to use?

(17 Posts)
toffeeboffin Thu 23-Jul-15 19:50:39

I have seriously dark circles under my eyes. I've tried cutting caffeine, sugar etc etc to no avail.

They look like dark pits under my eyes. I look knackered. But I'm not. They are blue-ish black and make me look older and tired.

I have pale skin with pink undertones, blonde hair, blue eyes. The circles look marginally better when I'm tanned and if I wear a colour I suit.

What do i need? A colour corrector? Concealer? A brown paper bag?! I went to the beauty counter today but was totally bamboozled so thought I'd ask you guys instead.

Can anyone recommend something? MAC? Bobbi Brown? Cost is not a factor, if Rimmel is good then I'll try that, please help!

(Note, I don't have bags, they are not puffy in anyway)

Baker47 Thu 23-Jul-15 20:01:06

Hi toffee - I have this too and have tried every product under the sun over the years! I now couldn't live without Bobbi brown corrector and concealer pots, and the Laura Mercier secret camouflage kit is also great. They're both about £25, but def worth it and they last ages. Worth getting them to test it out on you though to get the right shade as that makes a big difference too. Hope that helps!

BearFoxBear Thu 23-Jul-15 20:06:37

I really like the soap & glory kit - there are 2 different colours of concealer, 1 with pink and 1 yellow tones, and a powder to set. I got it in a 3 for 2 offer but I think it was £10.

sulee Fri 24-Jul-15 21:52:08

I had this problem too and used to pile on the concealer with ok results but the Max Factor yellow Colour Corrector stick has been a revelation- completely neutralizes the dark shadows away! Highly recommended!

MsBojangles Sat 25-Jul-15 02:47:35

Nars radiant concealer is amazing! The shade vanilla is pale with slightly pinkish undertones, might suit you the best.

Petal02 Sat 25-Jul-15 14:27:20

Another vote here for Max Factor colour corrector crayon in yellow. It neutralises the dark circles, so there's no need to apply concealer on top.

I also love Mac Prep and Prime Highlighter in shade 'light boost'- this is a lovely pale yellow shade with neutralises really well.

And Nars Radiance Concealer in shade 'custard' is worth a try.

I only discovered yellow concealer earlier this year, and it's been a real game-changer for me; if you can neutralise, you probably won't need concealer, so you make-up looks much fresher.

sonata1 Sun 26-Jul-15 15:49:43

I bought the MF yellow concealer today and as it was on 3 for 2 at Boots, got a couple of Masterpiece Max mascaras as well. I have yet to try it .Here's hoping that it does something for the Rocky Raccoon circles !

gobbin Sun 26-Jul-15 20:22:17

They may be hereditary but they can also be caused by allergies -Google 'allergic shiners' for more info.

I use Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer as it doesn't seem to pool in my wrinkles on my skin!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 26-Jul-15 20:25:54

I've recently discovered two fantastic products - Rimmel Lasting Perfection in a red tub for a fiver also Revlon Photoready eye concealer and primer- like a clicky pen. Both a good but the Revlon one is a minor miracle!

chipsandpeas Mon 27-Jul-15 12:51:33

MUA do a dupe of benefit lemonaid called conceal and correct - its yellow you out it on and blend in under foundation and its only about £2
covers my dark circles better
the benefit lemonaid is great but priceier at about 18

ilovetosleep Mon 27-Jul-15 12:56:02

I have this too, with yellow toned pale skin, and I am going to try yellow concealer as you have all recommended it. But recently when I went to Clinique the woman tried to sell me a really pinky pale clicky concealer telling me you need pink to neutralise dark circles? I didn't buy it, was she totally wrong then?
I currently use benefit erase paste which is great at first but sinks into my creases

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 27-Jul-15 12:59:06

Ime Clinique's matching service is utterly laughable! Yellow works well to cancel out a bluey mauve under eye area.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 27-Jul-15 12:59:46

If it's just dark then a light pink helps illuminate the area.

ilovetosleep Mon 27-Jul-15 14:06:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ilovetosleep Mon 27-Jul-15 14:10:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ilovetosleep Mon 27-Jul-15 14:11:14

Oh crap I got the wrong thread. Will get mnhq to delete.

sonata1 Mon 27-Jul-15 14:47:35

So I have tried the MF CC stick in yellow. I got a bit of a shock at first with the ashy tone under my eyes, I then put on some Collection lasting perfection concealer and so far so good.A tiny bit cakey in the magnifying mirror but not so much in RL. Much better than with concealer alone. I will see if it makes my under eyes sore as it is quite a hard stick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now