Talk

Advanced search

recommend me an alcohol free acid toner

(11 Posts)
HappyMedium Thu 23-Jul-15 18:37:40

my toner is nearly done so I need to replace it. I remember reading here before that acid toners are the bee's knees. I'm avoiding ones with alcohol in them due to my sensitive skin, that's the right thing to do, right? I recently started using the Boots Botanics range for facial scrub, day cream, night cream and serum and so far it sends to be agreeing with me, my skin is better than it has been for years. But I notice their toner has alcohol in it so that's no good. I'm on the Boots website now but some don't show their ingredients. ... Please recommend me a suitable one. Thanks!

Coastingit Thu 23-Jul-15 19:22:42

Bravura Calendula toner. I have dry sensitive skin with rosacea and sometimes spots, and this packs a real punch whilst being really gentle.

It's glycolic 10% and lactic 3% which is pretty strong. I use it every other night max. No irritation or anything, it just does its exfoliation / smoothing job so well I don't need to use it more often.

yazzy85 Thu 23-Jul-15 21:14:18

Pixi Glow Tonic. Its gentle enough to use everyday too.

suze28 Thu 23-Jul-15 21:23:05

Caroline Hirons highly rates Clinique Clarifying Lotion 1. Not 2 or 3, definitely number 1.

OneDayWhenIGrowUp Thu 23-Jul-15 21:28:27

Another vote for Pixi Glow Tonic. It's lovely stuff and my skin feels instantly brighter and smoother.

almondcakes Thu 23-Jul-15 21:52:31

Clinique clarifying lotion 1 is alcohol based. It is the Clinique mild clarifying lotion that is alcohol free. I alternate between that one and the Bravura mentioned by Coasting it.

bangingthedrums Thu 23-Jul-15 21:56:28

Exactly the same as almondcakes. It's a great combo grin

HappyMedium Thu 23-Jul-15 22:00:26

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I will check these out.

griselda101 Thu 23-Jul-15 22:02:09

I mix my own which is just pure rosewater and vegetable glycerine (look up proportions online)! you can probably get both in the supermarket or at least in an ethnic supermarket. the glycerine acts as a humectant which locks moisture into the skin and the rosewater is really soothing. feels lovely.

also no nasties in there....

griselda101 Thu 23-Jul-15 22:02:50

sorry I missed the acid bit with mine, but it's definitely worth a try if you want a soothing toner.

suze28 Thu 23-Jul-15 23:02:39

almondcakes yes, you're right. I'd forgotten there was another one and thought the 1 was the mild one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now