What do people think of Tom Ford's Black Orchid perfume?

(19 Posts)
Destinysdaughter Thu 23-Jul-15 18:04:05

I'm really in 2 minds about this one. When I spray it on, for the first few hours I find it really unpleasant but after 4 hours it's gorgeous! It's very long lasting but not sure if I can stand the first few hours of it smelling vile to actually spend £53 on it....What do other people think of this scent, is it just me?

meglet Thu 23-Jul-15 18:09:09

I love it. I'm eeking out the last of a bottle sad .

I think it's the tuberose that I'm hooked on.

CheeseBored Thu 23-Jul-15 18:10:44

is it the white bottle? in which case it is GORGEOUS

turdfairynomore Thu 23-Jul-15 18:11:13

It's "my" smell! When I put it on my 20 yr old DD says "you smell like my mum"!

meglet Thu 23-Jul-15 18:13:50

mine is the black bottle.

is the white bottle the patchouli or something?

PyjamasLlamas Thu 23-Jul-15 18:16:10

The black bottle? It is gorgeous. Actually lasts all day. People are always commenting on it when I wear it. It's not for everyday for me especially as sooooo expensive.

Destinysdaughter Thu 23-Jul-15 18:21:55

Yes it's the black bottle. I agree its gorgeous now, but the first few hours, yuk!!

southeastastra Thu 23-Jul-15 18:30:35

love it for autumn winter

BoreOfWhabylon Thu 23-Jul-15 18:35:55

I used to love it.

Went off when I discovered that

1. Tom Ford intended it to smell of a man's crotch

2. It was Michael Jackson's favourite fragrance

WicksEnd Thu 23-Jul-15 19:10:50

Love it! Where've you seen it for £53!

DoloresLandingham Thu 23-Jul-15 19:16:05

It sounds like what you like are the base notes: vetiver, patchouli, sandalwood, incense, amber, chocolate and vanilla. Might be worth looking for something based on these.

Destinysdaughter Thu 23-Jul-15 19:45:31

It was on sale at Debenhams for £53 today. Just can't reconcile how horrid it smells initially with how lovely it smells now, am I the only one who feel like this? Normally a perfume doesn't smell so different later on ( well actually they would have disappeared by now, looking at you, Jo Malone)

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Thu 23-Jul-15 19:52:50

I've never smelt a man's crotch like that!
I bloody love it (keep squirting myself in stores and wafting it under DHs nose)
(If you can't justify it, try either a decant or a dupe from perfume parlour)

tigerdriverII Thu 23-Jul-15 19:57:06

Love it, also velvet orchid. But will be eyeing up the bottle a tad differently now!

CanISayOfHerFace Thu 23-Jul-15 19:57:56

Love it but more for winter and/or evening. I have Violet Blonde which I wear in the day.

I always thought of it as my smell but a few of my friends have copied it now angry

Judydreamsofhorses Thu 23-Jul-15 21:22:38

I wore it when it first came out - at that point there were matching body products that they now don't do. I still like it very much, but it reminds me of the boyfriend I had at that time so I'd never actually wear it again.

bluebump Thu 23-Jul-15 21:34:55

I love it but I can't afford it so it's my go to perfume to spray when I go past John Lewis!

MaryBerrysEyelashes Thu 23-Jul-15 22:41:55

Have it. Don't think I like it. Other people do like it on me tho

patienceisvirtuous Thu 23-Jul-15 22:48:07

Love it. Love Angel too. They're both heady, strong and illicit many a compliment smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now