Talk

Advanced search

Bra gurus - where is the best place to go for FF maternity bras?

(6 Posts)
diggerdigsdogs Thu 23-Jul-15 17:44:04

I need to get properly fitted for maternity bras as I simply don't have the support I really need. I'm approximately a 32/34 FF or G and have quite full breasts (they are perky and round if you see what I mean). Often larger bras come up too high on my ribs and rub.

Does anyone have any recs for a bra shop in London? I CBA to order online and have to send stuff back. I'd rather go in and get it right once.

TIA

JuneFromBethesda Thu 23-Jul-15 22:39:16

It's been a while since I needed maternity bras but I was fitted by a very nice NCT-trained volunteer - I'd see if your local branch can recommend anyone.

SorrelForbes Thu 23-Jul-15 22:43:00

Go straight to Bravissimo

rockchickchickyrock Fri 24-Jul-15 07:31:38

I can second Bravissimo and the NCT bra fitters! I'm FF/G cup also. There is a brand of maternity/nursing bras called Hot Milk which are very pretty and flattering but I've only seen them online, so I got fitted at Bravissimo to see what size to order then bought online.

AnythingNotEverything Fri 24-Jul-15 07:37:39

You don't really need a specific maternity bra - you need a well fitting bra (like your normal one of you prefer wired) and to be vigilant about a good fit.

Non wired feeding bras are importantly in the early days until your supply settles. After a couple of month you can convert a well fitting underwired bra using a kit bought online.

Go to bravissimo for both of you can.

HazleNutt Fri 24-Jul-15 08:20:23

Bravissimo, but as pp said, you don't really need special maternity bras, even best ones give you a sweaty monoboob. Underwires are fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now