Talk

Advanced search

cheaper alternative to Avene moisturiser

(15 Posts)
Wenglish Thu 23-Jul-15 17:43:08

I can't justify the £13/£15 for the Avene moisturiser I was using. It was the redness reducer one.
My face looks much better since I used it and don't have so much redness now.

I need a cheaper alternative.
I can't used Nivea and Aveeno made my skin feel like wet rubber all day.

Any ideas? I have big open pores and a few fine lines starting to appear. I sound divine grin

Thanks thanks

Wenglish Thu 23-Jul-15 17:44:03

Forgot to add, I'm dry skinned

mrsdavidbowie Thu 23-Jul-15 17:45:04

Do you have to economise? You could end up spending money on ones which don't work.

I like these two better than Avene, although I didn't try the redness one:

Nivea

Superdrug

Destinysdaughter Thu 23-Jul-15 17:58:07

Sometimes some things are worth paying the money for because they just work! Also a moisturizer like that should last a long time. Is there anything else you could economists on instead? Sorry I don't have any cheaper alternatives, I have skin prone to redness and to me it's a false economy trying different products that just aggravate sensitive skin. Hope someone can come up with an alternative for you.

Greengardenpixie Thu 23-Jul-15 17:58:09

If it works, i would stick with it. you may find that others may make you break out etc. What about trying to get it cheaper on ebay?

Greengardenpixie Thu 23-Jul-15 17:59:28

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Avene-Cicalfate-Repair-Cream-For-Sensitive-and-Irritated-Skin-40ml-/181789334995?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a537d1dd3

Teladi Thu 23-Jul-15 18:02:04

I also am a fan of the Avene Antirougeur cream, it's what I'm using now. I haven't managed to find a cheaper cream that is suitable (without spending lots of £ to do so)

mrsdavidbowie Thu 23-Jul-15 18:04:26

Can you get it cheaper online?

diddlediddledumpling Thu 23-Jul-15 18:15:40

their rich compensating cream is the best I've ever used I have sensitive skin and have had so many disasters with eczema that I just bite the bullet and buy it BUT I always buy three when Boots have their 3 for 2 offer on. It's £15, I think, so the if fer brings it down to £10.
I buy shampoo and conditioner from Tesco or the pound shop to balance it out. smile

Wenglish Thu 23-Jul-15 19:32:02

Thank you all.
Like my gut feeling I know you are all right, I think I needed other people to remind me!
I'll suck it up. It's a good moisturiser and I don't have time to buy ones that don't work these days darn you kids

nothingwittyhere Thu 23-Jul-15 20:07:06

Escentual website often discounts Avenue.

nothingwittyhere Thu 23-Jul-15 20:10:33

Currently 20% off with escentual20 code.

Housewife2010 Thu 23-Jul-15 20:13:09

Boots often does three for two on Avene. I'd stock up during offers and get all the bonus points available!

How about Cerave? I use that now and used Avene previously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now