Talk

Advanced search

can somebody find me a dress pleaseee?

(15 Posts)
RattleAndRoll Thu 23-Jul-15 12:04:05

I can't find anything I like.
For a wedding - daytime&evening guest.
I don't really ^do ^dressed up. Budget £50. Shoes ideally would be plain suede wedges in black or flesh coloured. Would be nice if its not too posh do can dress down and wear again for normal going out.
I'm a 25, size 18, no idea what shape, probably apple as I'm just a big round ball of largeness.
Like little floaty sleeves as dong like my arms. All the dresses at the minute seem to be sleeveless. Like dark colours, navy, black, burgundy, plain or some sort of print.
Needs to be a decent length as will be dealing with 11month old DS on my own all day, don't want to be flashing my knickers (or boobs either!). I don't like clingy dresses, like floaty ones, pulled in at the waist with a little belt or something a-line coming from out from under boobs rather than the dropped waist as I have a roll of flan under boobs which is obvious if the waist is too low - does that make sense?

I quite like these:

ink{http://m.houseoffraser.co.uk/Samya+Plus+Size+Belted+Baroque+Print+Dress/226151017,default,pd.html\m.houseoffraser.co.uk/Samya+Plus+Size+Belted+Baroque+Print+Dress/226151017,default,pd.htm]]l}

ink{http://m.houseoffraser.co.uk/Samya+Plus+Size+Belted+Botanical+Print+Dress/226150142,default,pd.html\m.houseoffraser.co.uk/Samya+Plus+Size+Belted+Botanical+Print+Dress/226150142,default,pd.htm]]l}

But would need to try them on.

Have already bought

ink{http://m.bhs.co.uk/h5/product?productId=19690239\m.bhs.co.uk/h5/product?productId=1969023]]9}

And

ink{http://m.dorothyperkins.com/h5/product?productId=18721279\m.dorothyperkins.com/h5/product?productId=1872127]]9}#

But feel they're maybe a bit too old for me?

I've been to debenhams and tried on a zillion. Will find pics post. They were all ones that flared out lower than I'd like, or they clung to the wrong parts.

I know it's a lot to ask but if you see anything, gimme a shout! smile
Thanks.

CherryBonBon Thu 23-Jul-15 12:09:40

The first two are too short and too casual for a wedding.

The BHS one is too mature for your age and too casual. The DPs one is also too casual.

I'll have a look.

RattleAndRoll Thu 23-Jul-15 12:12:36

Thanks.
I can't find hardly any that I tried on online.
I tried these ones but the need to come out under my boobs and didn't, were too low.

RattleAndRoll Thu 23-Jul-15 12:13:25

I also tried this but was clingy and really not wedding-y but was comfy.

hellsbellsmelons Thu 23-Jul-15 12:45:41

Do you like MAXI dresses?
figure hugging
pretty
if you've got it
pink version this dress is very flattering
freer
black if you're bold enough
v nice

RattleAndRoll Thu 23-Jul-15 13:43:47

Thanks for replying.
I'm only 5ft5 so I don't think maxi dresses suit me.
Second one is too pale for me.
Third I don't like, sorry!
Fourth No idea if it would suit me but really like it, just wish it had little sleeves.
Fifth one I don't like the off the shoulders top part.
Next one I really like but I think it might be too short ?
Really really like the black one, but again no sleeves, although still tempted can I get away with wearing plain black to a wedding?
Last one too pale and no sleeves.

Sorry I'm so picky. There's so many I like out there but just wont suit me, or have no bloody sleeves. I could just go for one of them and get a jacket but I'm always so bloody hot and get super hot in situations with lots of people so I know I'll struggle and be a sweaty mess if I go for a sleeveless one with a jacket.

RattleAndRoll Thu 23-Jul-15 13:45:33

What about these?
Blue one I love but it oos in my size sad.
What about the other one in red or green? Are you going to say too casual?

RattleAndRoll Thu 23-Jul-15 13:46:20

I like this but not in this colour, and they don't do it in another colour. Is this design formal enough?

RattleAndRoll Thu 23-Jul-15 13:49:30

I like this as well but I've tried this on before and didn't like it but can't remember why.

hellsbellsmelons Thu 23-Jul-15 13:51:30

That peach one is lovely.
I understand about no sleeves.
I always wear little bolero's with most things.
Wearing one right now actually.

RattleAndRoll Thu 23-Jul-15 16:29:18

What about either of these?
They haven't got my size in the turquoise one but not sure if I like the sleeve area anyway.
Don't know if either would look ok on, but like them on her!

RattleAndRoll Thu 23-Jul-15 16:41:15

Or this?
www.fashionworld.co.uk/shop/product/details/tapToZoom.action

SilentBob Thu 23-Jul-15 16:47:52

This is lovely. There's loads on that site that may be suitable, and the prices are good too!

magicpuppy Thu 23-Jul-15 18:01:45

I'm an 18 too. If I had a wedding to go to I would look here . They have lovely dresses.

hellsbellsmelons Fri 24-Jul-15 08:22:43

For your age I think the Matalan ones are too 'old' for you.
I'm not young but I find those frumpy. Sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now