Talk

Advanced search

Help me find the perfect dress for the perfect date please!

(3 Posts)
MonkeyOnTheCar Wed 22-Jul-15 19:22:49

Am going on holiday with DP and we are having the ultimate romantic night, posh meal out, walk along the beach and back the apartment for some serious fun.

I want to feel fantastic! Am size 12, good bust (when in a bra!), not keen on top of my arms but will be in a warm country so no cardis, would rather have some sort of sleeve (but not long). I prefer a Vneck as high necklines do not suit me at all.

Budget around £100 for the dress.

Any help appreciated!

daftbesom Wed 22-Jul-15 21:41:38

What colours do you like? How much cleavage? Do you want girly floral or sharp and sexy? I take it if you are walking along a beach you are not after the pencil skirt/ stilettos type look...?

daftbesom Wed 22-Jul-15 22:23:32

Had a quick look - forgot to ask you about fabric - there is a lot of nylon and polyester out there but that may be OK with you. Really difficult to advise without knowing more about your personal likes and dislikes - and how much space do you have in your luggage for something you may only wear once while you are away?

I have been in love with this ChiChi London dress for a while now but it's not really holiday style.

this is pretty

But they say more about my personal likes/ dislikes - they might not be "you" at all! And they are both man-made fabrics.

I know from personal experience, wanting sleeves cuts down choice quite a bit - though with the sales it's a good time to buy. Have a look at Phase Eight, John Lewis, ASOS ...

Anyway if you can say something about the kinds of things you like maybe that will help produce more suggestions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now