Talk

Advanced search

Summer shoes for walking around town...

(20 Posts)
TheHumourlessHarpy Wed 22-Jul-15 19:06:13

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Petal02 Thu 23-Jul-15 09:16:59

Watching with interest !!!

MaryBerrysEyelashes Thu 23-Jul-15 09:20:29

I wore from new Clarks risi hop. 7 miles around Paris. Not. A. Rub.

MaryBerrysEyelashes Thu 23-Jul-15 09:21:10

PAdded soles cool comfy look good. We're twenty quid in the sale

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Thu 23-Jul-15 10:23:52

Mary there are loads of bad reviews on the Clarks site saying the wearer's feet slip back in those sandals, presumably you had no such problems?

ChablisChic Thu 23-Jul-15 10:31:26

Depends if you're going solely for comfort, and how much walking you mean.

I have Skechers Go Walk 2 and they are the comfiest (though not the most glamorous) shoes ever for walking. There have been a few threads on here about them before I think and I don't remember anyone not liking them. I have them in a neutral colour and they don't look too bad with trousers and you can just about get away with them with skirts, depending on the style.

these

Petal02 Thu 23-Jul-15 10:38:35

Which colour option looks the least offensive in Skechers? I keep meaning to buy some, but can't decide between navy and grey?

MaryBerrysEyelashes Thu 23-Jul-15 10:54:10

I know. Am on phone otherwise would be on there to put one on. I don't slip at all. I've walked all the way down the champs. No issue.

MaryBerrysEyelashes Thu 23-Jul-15 10:54:45

Skechers too wide for my feet. By that point I'd just do some trainers. Which look way nicer anyway

MaryBerrysEyelashes Thu 23-Jul-15 10:56:32

Tourists here almost all in trainees.
Locals in flats.

Idiot blogger types in wedges.

ChablisChic Thu 23-Jul-15 11:03:08

My Skechers are a sort of stone/neutral. Not very exciting but I wanted some that would go with everything. Just washed them for the first time and they have come out as new - another advantage of them. I might get another pair though, and would probably go for navy.

MaryBerry have you tried other styles of Skechers? The memory foam ones were too wide on me, but the Gowalk 2 are fine.

MaryBerrysEyelashes Thu 23-Jul-15 15:24:25

It was the 2s I tried.

Skechers too wide for me too, and I just couldn't get past the ugliness of them. I am now the proud owner of some very comfortable 'proper' trainers.

Petal02 Thu 23-Jul-15 16:00:46

I do agree with the poster who commented that if you're thinking about Skechers, you may as well wear trainers. But I find Skechers slightly cooler and lighter than trainers.

Postchildrenpregranny Thu 23-Jul-15 18:54:55

Try Ecco sandals .I have severe arthritis in both knees and have just bought a pair as I really need decent support .They don't rub and I can walk for quite a long time in them .They have inserts you can remove .they are a lot prettier -not too old ladyish-than you might think too .Mine are ' buffalo' , sort of mid brown but they do other colours.Sales are on at present (I think I paid £80 not in sale) .Have friends who swear by Hotter ....
Have also just bought some Skelcher trainers .expensive even in sales (£67 down to £45) but a dream to walk in ,when you need more cover.they have a memory foam liner and are very lightweight. I do think most of their shoes are hideous though .

Imnotweirdimlimitededition1 Thu 23-Jul-15 20:37:15

Toms not the espadrille ones but the nylon Avalon ones which have a stronger sole & less give imo. I wear these on 12 hour shifts & day to day out with kids. Can't complement them enough- true to size & I have narrow feet. Sketchers memory foam not good mine will be on eBay soon- worn once & knees sore

Deeznutz Fri 24-Jul-15 00:21:21

Mary those sandals look bunion and hammer toe friendly too from your photo.

RingtheBells Fri 24-Jul-15 06:55:31

I got some grey Sketchers go walk 2 off Amazon for about £35, I am a size 41 with very slightly wide feet and got a 7(40)American 10 size and they are very slightly big (wide) but very comfortable. I tried the size below in a shop but they were slightly too short. If you have narrow feet they may not fit very well.
Amazon varies price with size though depending where they come from but on the whole cheaper than in shops.

iwantgin Fri 24-Jul-15 07:21:32

I have a few pairs of summer shoes which are comfortable for walking. I work in a casual office, so can get away with them for my walk to the train station and back too.

Supergas. So much comfier than any other pumps I've worn in the past. I have three pairs in differing colours and styles.

Sandals. My most recent pair is from BHS. I know, not v fashionabl, but they are so comfy. sandals I see they are reduced further in the sale grrr..

Sketchers Go Run trainers. These are just like regular trainers I suppose, I have worn them once or twice for my exercise class, and short runs (as opposed to my proper running trainers), They are v comfy

MaryBerrysEyelashes Fri 24-Jul-15 19:32:53

I would have thought bunion toes needed a wider strap ? Dunno. Not an expert.
What's a hammer toe

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now