Talk

Advanced search

Spain - what to buy here??

(21 Posts)
yazzy85 Wed 22-Jul-15 15:23:45

Anything good beauty or clothing wise I can buy while in Barcelona and from where? I'm here for the next few days and would love some suggestions please smile

Hoppinggreen Wed 22-Jul-15 15:26:00

Leather, especially shoes.
I often stock up on Zara kids stuff as well in Spain

thefinalcurtain Wed 22-Jul-15 18:19:02

Hakei for clothes.

maybemyrtle Wed 22-Jul-15 18:43:00

I just posted on the other thread, but for Barcelona specifically, wander up Passeig de Gracia from Placa Catalunya and back down the other side and you've done the best shops imho - it's the equivalent of Regent Street. When you get back to P Catalunya, turn right and look for the hidden Sephora smile Have fun! I love Barcelona.

maybemyrtle Wed 22-Jul-15 18:46:48

Oh and neither clothing nor beauty but if you need to recharge after shopping, there's a great coffee and cake place called Escriba on the Boqueria side as you walk down the Rambla.

yazzy85 Wed 22-Jul-15 23:09:32

Thans for the tips on what to look for flowers

Valsoldknickers Wed 22-Jul-15 23:45:09

Shoes especially espadrilles, lovely colours and reasonably priced!

Turquoiseblue Thu 23-Jul-15 05:56:21

I second hakei for clothing bags and shoes - love their style !

Zara/ Massimo dutti often cheaper there but you ll see the same stuff as home

Uniqulo - I have some shoes and trousers from there from 4 years ago that are just beautifully made - loved them as no one else had the brand - though I think that s available in the uk now

Barca is one of my favourite cities for shopping and city breaks and Amazing tourist activities - enjoy !

GoddessWhoWalksEarthAsWoman Thu 23-Jul-15 06:51:22

Desigual. I have a couple of amazing coats from there.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Thu 23-Jul-15 07:32:28

I'm the keenest bean to visit a Uterque store, so do duck into one if you see one. It's part of the Zara group, and has the loveliest looking shoes and bags.

maybemyrtle Thu 23-Jul-15 09:02:00

I have to say I was underwhelmed by Uterque, I also wasn't smitten with Bimba y Lola so I'm probably just not fashion enough smile

Very keen to take a look at Hakei next time I'm in Barca though, never heard of it before so thanks to pp for recommending that.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Thu 23-Jul-15 17:04:36

Oh myrtle, doesn't mean you aren't fashionable. Horses for courses [whinnies]. I'm not I pressed w their shoes on their website this season, but last season, they looked fantastic.

SuperFlyHigh Thu 23-Jul-15 17:11:48

Natura for clothes and homeware.

the other thread has the bits...

Catalunya has Sephora and El Corte Ingles

near Catalunya and the university part it has I think anyway there are the most amazing vintage stores I think American Vintage is where I went. down some side streets there are also the amazing one off vintage places.

www.barcelonayellow.com/bcn/Barcelona-most-famous-tourist-attractions%20/barcelona-plazas/placa-de-la-universitat

www.americanvintage-store.com/en/

SuperFlyHigh Thu 23-Jul-15 17:13:59

maybe the hidden sephora wasn't hidden to me - I suppose because my DB and his family stayed in a hotel almost opposite it... not the prettiest of areas but Universitat is great very edgy and good shops vintage - not the american one which is ££££

maybemyrtle Thu 23-Jul-15 17:32:39

Hehe Belinda, I don't think I'm especially unfashionable, just that I'm not particularly fashion! My main impression was meh, but I'm not a huge fan of Zara either. Great leather goods, but I was expecting too much overall I think.

maybemyrtle Thu 23-Jul-15 17:34:10

Super, you're right, not that hidden - having to go downstairs threw me slightly the first time smile

hauntedhenry Thu 23-Jul-15 22:00:23

Shoes - much cheaper than in the UK, particularly espadrilles as mentioned above.
El Corte Ingles department store (not cheap but they have everything! Go to the 'planta joven' for clothes. )
Hakei, Massimo Dutti, Desigual, Zara, Sfera, Mango, Trucco (more clothes)
Natura for hippy clothes/nice gifts
Any parafarmacia for toiletries, pharmacy products.
I don't know if they have Mercadona supermarkets in Barcelona, but if they do they have some cracking own brand makeup products.

HarlettOScara Thu 23-Jul-15 22:03:42

Sephora and Kiko cosmetics (cheap as chips!)

The shoe department of El Corte Ingles (Placa de Catalunya) is pretty impressive. Even more so if they have sales on.

SuperFlyHigh Thu 23-Jul-15 22:25:36

Also worth a browse are Alfredo Dominguez (?), Loewe etc all those designer stores you'd never go in... Nice for a browse!

They have a &otherstories there too in same street as the designer ones. The museum shop in gallery of I think art gallery of university area is good.

Also look out for free film screenings outdoor in Universitat area, we did this a few times. Near there and I can't think of the name is the most amazing Veggie restaurant but posh, in a side street, if I remember the name I will post it. Universitat area other shops, nice cheap restaurant for lunch etc there.

SuperFlyHigh Thu 23-Jul-15 22:27:53

Also they have Accessorize there but on the other thread they mention a Spanish one similar to it and cheaper.

Watch out for basics not in sale... They will be cheaper than UK and you will kick you're for not buying more! Eg in zara etc.

SuperFlyHigh Thu 23-Jul-15 22:28:20

Kick yourself not kick you're!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now